To join the Dark Side or Not?

SWEEEEEET!
The man knows his numbers.
"N" for normal force.
One of my favs is: V1=W1 x V1 prime x cos theta 1 prime + W2 x V2 prime x cos theta2 prime - W2 x V2 x cos theta2 / W1 x cos theta1
:soapbox:
PS: wish I could type the mu symbol :D
Yeah Whatever :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

I still can't work out why none of the road racers in the world or GP racers have caught on to this C.T. deal. With all that extra traction better handling and ground clearance the riders who have gone darkside tell us about I can't believe all race teams have not gone darkside. Surelly the lap times would tumble. I'll be the first to admit I have not tried a C.T. so I can only go on what I read on this site. Like I said I can't work it out.:confused::confused::confused:

I still can't work out why none of the road racers in the world or GP racers have caught on to this C.T. deal. With all that extra traction better handling and ground clearance the riders who have gone darkside tell us about I can't believe all race teams have not gone darkside. Surelly the lap times would tumble. I'll be the first to admit I have not tried a C.T. so I can only go on what I read on this site. Like I said I can't work it out.:confused::confused::confused:

**** good point there!

I never looked at it that way.

the general thought is that on a cruiser your hard pieces will scrape well before the limits of the car tire. Not the case on a sport bike especially in race performances

What it is is that it is a bit of a fluke that a car tire works on large cruisers. The fact is that a radial tire deforms to maintain maximum contact area with the road and this is what makes it work on a bike.

the general thought is that on a cruiser your hard pieces will scrape well before the limits of the car tire. Not the case on a sport bike especially in race performances

bruce aussie & kblahetka,
Good insight and comments.
Me thinks that in a high speed twisty the lateral forces generated necessary to overcome the linear forces in order to implement a turn would also exceed the limits the "soft" sidewall of an under inflated CT. At the very least the flexing would destabilize the bike. These same forces also overtax weak puny suspension systems (read stock) and turn the beast into a wallowing boat around a corner. Add in a little swing arm and/or drive shaft flex and Houston may indeed have a problem . . . :D
1olbull

What it is is that it is a bit of a fluke that a car tire works on large cruisers. The fact is that a radial tire deforms to maintain maximum contact area with the road and this is what makes it work on a bike.

Also I'd like to see a std Rocket with a Racing Slick, even a std Sport tourer would struggle even a rider on a std sports bike would struggle aswell Slicks are whole new ball game to Any road tyre or road setup suspension
A car tyre works on our style of bike because of the Weight and should not Wallow even if it was taken on a race track as long as it was set up with the appropriate air pressure, and any bike capable of supporting a CT is a good choice to go on track, I get a laugh at P/Island and Eastern creek raceways when they have ride what you bought supervised lap Any cruiser struggles to go through the tighter corners unless they use a lot of body language and then they still scrape same on the Clyde Mtn I can be hanging of the bike using body lanage and still scrape even with my raised suspension

Back