Tires of choice for roadster

The raffle is a good idea, but this will do the trick too. I'll bring them, someone bring a jack and let's see that rear tire change! I'm going through the Exedra Max in 3-4,000 miles (about 4X/year) and the $50 mounting fee hurts the most.

Stop those burn-outs!!!

Stock Metz, OK
3826.jpeg 231.JPG
Riken Raptor too small in diameter 225 55 16
IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG
Exedra Max Just right
su_htr_zII_pdpcrop.jpg
New experiment, still braking it in in. 225 60 16.
Bringing it to MV just to give the folks something to bug me about. I'm slow and ride the back of the train so It don't matter. Might bring a spare Exedra and tire changing gear to stage a "changing the rear tire" demo clinic. That's going to be so much fun.
Can you imagine Sonny, Steve, Dave and Scott barking instructions at you while you get your hands dirty? :laugh:
Your riding style, the type of roads you ride and how often you want to change your rear tire are factors to consider. If you wana go 100+ all the time, you might have a wobble issue. If you ride like you used to be a Grand Prix champion get the Exedra. Removing the barn door wind shield and getting something smaller helps with that too. I use Streamlined and lower deflectors from old FLH.
IMG_0370 (1).JPG
The propaganda that the CT tire is going to go off the rims is BS. Once that steel band goes over the edge of the rim and the bead is set in place, it's not coming out except with good tools and skill.

Ricardo,
That 225/60R16 CT is much larger than the OEM 240/50R16:
OEM Dia=25.45" v. 26.63" and OEM Circumference=79.95" v. 83.66"
Tis larger than the 240/55R16 as well:
Dia CT=26.39" v. 26.63" and Circumference CT=83.66" v. 82.92"
I'd be concerned with clearance, wires under the rear fenders, and speedo error at the least . . .

NO WAY do I change my own tires.
I take the wheels off and then let the pros change the tires.
Saves me a lot of time, cussin', sweat, more cussin', and sore bones.
Well worth the money to me.

Ricardo,
That 225/60R16 CT is much larger than the OEM 240/50R16:
OEM Dia=25.45" v. 26.63" and OEM Circumference=79.95" v. 83.66"
Tis larger than the 240/55R16 as well:
Dia CT=26.39" v. 26.63" and Circumference CT=83.66" v. 82.92"
I'd be concerned with clearance, wires under the rear fenders, and speedo error at the least . . .

NO WAY do I change my own tires.
I take the wheels off and then let the pros change the tires.
Saves me a lot of time, cussin', sweat, more cussin', and sore bones.
Well worth the money to me.

The Sumitomo 225/60/16 rubbed the mudguard.
The wires are OK. Too bad. The bike felt real good to me with it on.
Going to try a 215/60/16. Achilles ATR 2

IMG_0675.JPG

The Sumitomo 225/60/16 rubbed the mudguard.
The wires are OK. Too bad. The bike felt real good to me with it on.
Going to try a 215/60/16. Achilles ATR 2

IMG_0675.JPG
I remeber you saying you robbed the shocks off a valkyrie are the the same length? Or shorter? If shorter that might add or cause your problem. Maybe some taller ones would help, eat lots of beans and I have a set hear half inch taller but sprung for a 230 pound man :) I don't think your that heavy I'd be surprised if you were even close to 200 at all. First I'd see if the valkyrie shock are shorter the the triumph. A little surfing should answer that.

I remeber you saying you robbed the shocks off a valkyrie are the the same length? Or shorter? If shorter that might add or cause your problem. Maybe some taller ones would help, eat lots of beans and I have a set hear half inch taller but sprung for a 230 pound man :) I don't think your that heavy I'd be surprised if you were even close to 200 at all. First I'd see if the valkyrie shock are shorter the the triumph. A little surfing should answer that.

Same length. 12.5 in It won't work. The 225/60/16 tyre is just too big. The 225/55/16 is too small. :thumbsdown:

Same length. 12.5 in It won't work. The 225/60/16 tyre is just too big. The 225/55/16 is too small. :thumbsdown:

I think a 235/55/16 would be too wide. Would not need the side stand. A narrower tire will maneuver better and is a lot cheaper to experiment with. Achilles ATR 2 215/60/16 is the next try.

Achilles_atr-sport.jpg

Now the 150 Pilot is nice.

IMG_0677.JPG

Tis strange how difficult it is fitting a car tire to a motorcycle, yes? :p

Really liking the looks of the new Avon chromes. Rain this morning so went to work. Tomorrow clear and warm plus wife will be home. Need help with the back tire. After i get the back tire on pulling the front and fixing the screw up from the dealer. Way to many weights on front. Back tire took 3 quarter ounce weights. Front tire was balanced incorrectly. Moron marked light side of tire and added weights to the opposite in. With all the riding coming up along with daily commuting will give a thoroughly review. Believe this is going to be the best combo yet. Back tire has a hole new profile over the old Cobras. Front tire just looks mean. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back