Tires of choice for roadster

How is handling with a car tire in the rear?

Stock Metz, OK

3826.jpeg 231.JPG
Riken Raptor too small in diameter 225 55 16

IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG
Exedra Max Just right

su_htr_zII_pdpcrop.jpg
New experiment, still braking it in in. 225 60 16.

Bringing it to MV just to give the folks something to bug me about. I'm slow and ride the back of the train so It don't matter. Might bring a spare Exedra and tire changing gear to stage a "changing the rear tire" demo clinic. That's going to be so much fun.

Can you imagine Sonny, Steve, Dave and Scott barking instructions at you while you get your hands dirty? :laugh:

Your riding style, the type of roads you ride and how often you want to change your rear tire are factors to consider. If you wana go 100+ all the time, you might have a wobble issue. If you ride like you used to be a Grand Prix champion get the Exedra. Removing the barn door wind shield and getting something smaller helps with that too. I use Streamlined and lower deflectors from old FLH.

IMG_0370 (1).JPG

The propaganda that the CT tire is going to go off the rims is BS. Once that steel band goes over the edge of the rim and the bead is set in place, it's not coming out except with good tools and skill.

Last edited:
Stock Metz, OK

3826.jpeg 231.JPG
Riken Raptor too small in diameter 205 55 16

IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG
Exedra Max Just right

su_htr_zII_pdpcrop.jpg
New experiment, still braking it in in. 206 60 16.

Bringing it to MV just to give the folks something to bug me about. I'm slow and ride the back of the train so It don't matter. Might bring a spare Exedra and tire changing gear to stage a "changing the rear tire" demo clinic. That's going to be so much fun.

Can you imagine Sonny, Steve, Dave and Scott barking instructions at you while you get your hands dirty? :laugh:

Your riding style, the type of roads you ride and how often you want to change your rear tire are factors to consider. If you wana go 100+ all the time, you might have a wobble issue. If you ride like you used to be a Grand Prix champion get the Exedra. Removing the barn door wind shield and getting something smaller helps with that too. I use Streamlined and lower deflectors from old FLH.

IMG_0370 (1).JPG

The propaganda that the CT tire is going to go off the rims is BS. Once that steel band goes over the edge of the rim and the bead is set in place, it's not coming out except with good tools and skill.

Might be off topic but that's a sweet bike.

:mad:
Might be off topic but that's a sweet bike.

Thank you Choche. This gang keeps the TwoTone running. I do all the riding! :laugh: Digital photo hides lots of imperfections.

I wish I had ABS like your 2013. I have locked the rear several times, wet and dry. Have fun and keep the rubber side down. Come and join us in Leaky.

You guys never changed your rear tire?! :eek:
Maybe Jack-be-Quick can spare us a rear mount, we can raffle it and pay for the tent.
To do this safely in the field with a scissor jack you need a JbQ.

The raffle is a good idea, but this will do the trick too. I'll bring them, someone bring a jack and let's see that rear tire change! I'm going through the Exedra Max in 3-4,000 miles (about 4X/year) and the $50 mounting fee hurts the most.

Attachments

• maddenimg_3503.jpg
    maddenimg_3503.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5
  • maddenimg_3506.jpg
    maddenimg_3506.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5
The raffle is a good idea, but this will do the trick too. I'll bring them, someone bring a jack and let's see that rear tire change! I'm going through the Exedra Max in 3-4,000 miles (about 4X/year) and the $50 mounting fee hurts the most.

I don't want to disappoint. I was talking about removing and replacing the rim from the bike. No way I could remove and replace the tyre from the rim. It takes KingKong to do that and I don't have the tools. It's a cash job.

I don't want to disappoint. I was talking about removing and replacing the rim from the bike. No way I could remove and replace the tyre from the rim. It takes KingKong to do that and I don't have the tools. It's a cash job.

Bummer. Oh, well, I just posted a new thread on DIY rear tire change.

Pulling the wheel is not too bad. The yoga position I have to use to lift the wheel by myself and get it back on the bike is a bit advanced.

Back