Tire Gard (Wireless Tire Pressure Gauge)

On the R3T checking tire pressure is a bit of a production, you have to take off the right hand bag, and even then getting in there behind that giant brake disc if you have larger hands is annoying as hell.
I''ve been eying TPMSes as well. Both for maintaining tire life and good handling but also safety.ö

Motorcycles, Trikes, and Trailers | Doran MFG | Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, School Bus Safety and LED is the one I found earlier.

The benefit to this system is that you can mount either the whole butt ugly controller box or a warning LED up on the handlebars. So, if you're going 100 mph down the road and something punctures the tire and starts a leak, the monitor will notice a sudden pressure drop and start blinking at you so you may or may not have time to come to a stop before you crash to one.

Downside is that the pressure sensors cannot have batteries changed, they're sealed. So you need to get new ones every few years.

Oh, and either system will require metal valve stems. Rubber valve stems can't handle the extra weight of the monitor, especially once the wheel starts spinning and the g-forces start building.

When you do i wanna see, that would be something you don't see every day:D

IMG_5342.PNG

Well, getting to the valve stems to check pressure is a giant pain for sure. I had bought some of the Ride-On sensors, that flash a red led when the pressure drops below 4 lbs from when you screwed them on. Still had a problem seeing the things, before I'd go for a ride, especially the rear. Also, they would flash a yellow led when the battery was low. The first batch had non replicable batteries, but the newer versions do. However both of mine went dead, and I never saw a yellow led. The batteries have to be tiny, and I don't think the life is near as long as advertised. I bought a cheap small dial gauge, but the ****ed thing doesn't hold the reading, meaning you have to get on your hands and knees to try to see the thing. And reading glasses required. Yup, I'm an old fart (67 in Sept), and arthritis kickin my butt. Anybody have a link for a good gauge, that you can easily get on the Rocket stems, and holds the reading until you release it?

Well, getting to the valve stems to check pressure is a giant pain for sure. I had bought some of the Ride-On sensors, that flash a red led when the pressure drops below 4 lbs from when you screwed them on. Still had a problem seeing the things, before I'd go for a ride, especially the rear. Also, they would flash a yellow led when the battery was low. The first batch had non replicable batteries, but the newer versions do. However both of mine went dead, and I never saw a yellow led. The batteries have to be tiny, and I don't think the life is near as long as advertised. I bought a cheap small dial gauge, but the ****ed thing doesn't hold the reading, meaning you have to get on your hands and knees to try to see the thing. And reading glasses required. Yup, I'm an old fart (67 in Sept), and arthritis kickin my butt. Anybody have a link for a good gauge, that you can easily get on the Rocket stems, and holds the reading until you release it?
auto zone/checkers have small round ones pretty sure they are accurate within 5 to 10 lbs?

Back