Maybe I may have misread but I thought that triumph was offering two versions of the THRUXTON R. From what I understood one cost more than the other. :confused::confused::confused:

I thought that there were two versions of the R model. Nothing mentioned about two versions on the official site just checked.

Last edited:
The confusion comes from the whole new optioning system.

You can buy an R with the "race" fairing, different seat section and a few other cosmetic options. Fully optioned out I think they come in around 17k.

Beside me the ThruxtonR is 14500(plus the BS they add on) the fairing does not come with the bike it is an accessory that you can add for extra cost, just as the Rocket (most of them) did not come with a windshield but you could add it for extra cost, the Thruxton is cheaper than the Rocket for now but supply and demand will dictate what happens next, still a beautiful looking bike

Beside me the ThruxtonR is 14500(plus the BS they add on) the fairing does not come with the bike it is an accessory that you can add for extra cost, just as the Rocket (most of them) did not come with a windshield but you could add it for extra cost, the Thruxton is cheaper than the Rocket for now but supply and demand will dictate what happens next, still a beautiful looking bike

good point/reminder on the extra charges you will pay such has the 600.00 delivery to the US which is not included in the MSRP also the 300-400 PDI (uncrate/assemble fee) that is 1k extra. I feel the new Thruxton is very impressive although I IMHO its the most overpriced Triumph as well.

I was at my Triumph dealer today just as they were uncreating 3 new Thruxton R models. All were already sold. i was informed that the new Bonnie comes all ready wired for a cruise control and it can be purchased separately. Maybe the new Rockets will be like that, my dealer didn't know. Also the Thruxtons and Bonnie both have 6 speed transmissions. Seems like all the attention is going to the new Bonnie and Thruxton. The Thruxton R looked fantastic.

Last edited:
Back