CanberraR3

Living Legend
Ride
Triumphs, but no Rocket just now.
Finally rode one today. Just a short ride, with a detour at the end to try to get my chubby to subside a little. Man oh man.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I am going to end up buying a third triumph, its so sexy and has the performance to match, hard to turn that down.

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I am going to end up buying a third triumph, its so sexy and has the performance to match, hard to turn that down.
YES it is a great looking bike and now with 1200cc its going to run great also BUT they cost more than a ROCKET ?

Last edited:
Yeah, strange isn't it? I mean, I understand with all the fancy yellow bouncy stuff front and back plus the new fangled electronic toys, it adds up.

Only that that'll prevent an eventual purchase would be a revised rocket :p

In Aus the Thruxton R is around $1750 cheaper than a Rocket and $750 cheaper than a ('16) Storm.
Standard Thruxton almost $2,000 cheaper again.

How is the power? does it pull solidly to redline or does it do the normal parallel twin thing, lots of torque about 1/2 way through the RPM band, then falls on it's face?

I have to say, in this case, the R model is the only one I would consider. While Triumph are trying to market the Thrux as a different but not lesser bike, I can't see buying a normal Thruxton. 2k for Ohlines, Rims, New cams, lighter crank shaft, better styling, better brakes, quite a significant step up for the cost.

Hi Richard
It's a good looking bike that's for sure, how did you find the riding position

RJ

As I said it was only a short ride and the performance is really something and is what grabbed me the most. Scintillating, although I didn't get anywhere near the red line. Comfort wise, I can't say I took a whole lot away from the ride except that the riding position is pretty similar to the current Thruxton i.e. absolutely fine for around town but I wouldn't want to take one on a long trip. I want one though.

Back