Throttlemeister Install issues

Well that's frustrating:mad:. I guess you'll be tending to that ONCE again, eh? Or are you going to use the ole if it ain't broke don't fix it excuse?:D

So I had the throttlemeister working perfectly last night, then I heard back from the company this morning.

The Rocket III kit isn't supposed to have a friction sleeve. The brass bushing is supposed to contact directly on the throttle tube. :: sigh :: :confused::rolleyes:

He tells me I should remove it. :soapbox: Good job, British Customs.

I installed mine so it rubs the throttle grip/tube and it works fine. Watch the gap though, I found if you leave too much in colder weather the bushing won't make a strong enough grip to prevent the throttle return spring from rolling the throttle off. In warmer weather everything expands enough it's not a problem. It's corrected with shims if you run into an issue like that. I wonder if maybe you might post your mod with some pics to help others with the same setup.;)

Well that's frustrating:mad:. I guess you'll be tending to that ONCE again, eh? Or are you going to use the ole if it ain't broke don't fix it excuse?:D

I haven't decided. I still have to dismantle my grips to move the cables for the pullback risers so that is probably the soonest I'll consider it. With the friction tube the grip is awfully thick, and is now lacking the tabs to help hold it in place. The only reason I need that is for my Throttle Rocker (which I will still use as I see it as serving a different purpose than the TM). To make it easier to roll the TR around the grip to adjust it, I put the wide rubberband on the grip. So this is a little more than just unscrewing the TM.

At least I haven't loctited the TM screw yet. We'll see how it all works on the ride to Missoula next Saturday.

Which mod? The friction sleeve install?

Only if you keep it. Otherwise the modification to get rid of it. I'm a little surprised they didn't have better instructions for your application. The instruction sheet for my 05 Standard was clear (which is why I thought you may want to post up for anyone else installing the Throttlemeister if the instructions are suspect). Sounds like you have it sorted out anyway.

Back