This really is not my style but ......

Far as I know, tis NOT illeagal to wear something that says "POLICE".
Having the blue lights and attempting to affect a motorist stop will get you a visit in the cross-bar hotel.
I wouldn't want the lights to stop anybody, just to get them to move out of my way. :D

I reckon people will see you if you wear this!!

9AF2F447-9944-4592-A2DA-D61FA4EF96F7-1042-0000011AB5662A17.jpeg

Far as I know, tis NOT illeagal to wear something that says "POLICE".
Having the blue lights and attempting to affect a motorist stop will get you a visit in the cross-bar hotel.
In the US I do not know - but here and (in my day) it was in the UK. It is "Impersonating a Police Officer". The place I bought my Halvarrsons Jacket had a "Police" over jacket in the shop. But he showed me the label riveted on the inside. Basically it said SHOW ONLY : ILLEGAL FOR SALE IN "----------------------------------------". Halvarssons were making a big deal then of supplying various police forces with full CE2 grade riding gear.

In the US I do not know - but here and (in my day) it was in the UK. It is "Impersonating a Police Officer". The place I bought my Halvarrsons Jacket had a "Police" over jacket in the shop. But he showed me the label riveted on the inside. Basically it said SHOW ONLY : ILLEGAL FOR SALE IN "----------------------------------------". Halvarssons were making a big deal then of supplying various police forces with full CE2 grade riding gear.

Tis GOOD to live in the land of the free . . . for awhile longer at least. :(

Not to sure about wearing the police word but in Florida if you have a moving bike with red or blue lights on you are going to jail, does not include brake lights.
Here too - and the law regarding flashing WHITE lights is a bit of a grey area. A mate was stopped for having flashing white running lights - he convinced them he has an agile thumb. He may do! - but there may also be a hidden switch :whitstling:

Not to sure about wearing the police word but in Florida if you have a moving bike with red or blue lights on you are going to jail, does not include brake lights.

YEP!
The lights be the last straw.
A citation unless they are flashers - then book city!
Perhaps an actual unifirm is a no-no, but I know of many that wear shirts that say police or even have the crest of a specific agency.
Will say that most are t-shirts, polos or short sleve sport shirts.

Back