This really is not my style but ......

Think the cheaper one is NOT the bike version.
Polite

Apparently NONE of them are/were intended for motorcycle use according to the makers who made them for cyclists originally. Now you can get full jacket versions (not m/bike protection) as well as sleeveless insulated warmth gilet vests for horse riders etc.

unspecified-500x500.jpg

Polite%20gilet-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Was just looking at the Jacket as I have a Halvarssons armoured underjacket. Still not convinced 100%. I have a waterproof (non breathable) over jacket which has some Hi-Viz in - It has only seen light of day once. It has to REALLY RAIN for me to add the top layer.

I think once you get into Hi-Viz it may sort of take over. Same happens with Camo gear.
I had a spate in life where I suddenly ended up with a lot of camo - not apparently by design - but took some effort to stop wearing it daily.

The down side, apparently, is that surrounding traffic suddenly slows down, below the limit, causing you to weave to miss them.

And making you appear faster than surrounding traffic to a 'real' police patrol who would possibly also want to 'query' the look.

Could always go the whole hog and get those red/blue flashing LEDS that fit inside your screen and plug in via a cigarette lighter fitting to your auxillary power - until you get really popular with the constabulary;):D:eek:

AU $14.66
Free shipping
Approximately US $11.62
8 LED Strobe Dash/ Deck/ Windscreen Light Bar Beacon, blue and Red F6XD

Was just looking at the Jacket as I have a Halvarssons armoured underjacket. Still not convinced 100%. I have a waterproof (non breathable) over jacket which has some Hi-Viz in - It has only seen light of day once. It has to REALLY RAIN for me to add the top layer.

I think once you get into Hi-Viz it may sort of take over. Same happens with Camo gear.
I had a spate in life where I suddenly ended up with a lot of camo - not apparently by design - but took some effort to stop wearing it daily.

Get really noticed or not and have a fluoro Gillie suit made - great for sneaking past police lines looking like a discarded roll of barrier tape. ;):p:D

The down side, apparently, is that surrounding traffic suddenly slows down, below the limit, causing you to weave to miss them.
Was thinking that myself " POLITE SLOW DOWN " as you flash past at 150mph !
Gonna be a sure fire way to piss the traffic cops off . ;)

Far as I know, tis NOT illeagal to wear something that says "POLICE".
Having the blue lights and attempting to affect a motorist stop will get you a visit in the cross-bar hotel.

Back