This Close " to cutting off heel shifter

Heel-toe shifter on my Classic is driving me nuts. The heel portion HAS to go, but I like the position of the front. Will I regret hacking it off? Is this a valuable, high-demand part? I know Triumph lists them at $137. If I can put a $25 YZ125 lever and sell mine for $100, I suppose that'd be worth doing, but if there's not much demand for them, I'd rather just take the zip-wheel to it.

If you cut off the back of the shifter won't that make the front heavier causing the bike to fall into first gear all the time? It will be downshifting when you least expect it. :rolleyes::inlove:eek::sneaky:

I hate mine too! i am a shorter guy @ 5'7" and I like to put my feet in different positions and the heel piece gets in the way (and I never use it) getting the ax soon.
I dont like it I see guys stomping on the heel lever thats not good for the trans

P82A18361.jpg
I bought this Heel Toe shifter from NewBonneville back in 2006 i had to take it to a machine shop to make it fit. They have discontinued this model due to the fact that it didn't slide over the shifter shaft. It was an easy fix. I just tap it ever so lightly and it slides into gear. Plenty of room for my size 12 too. There might be some floating around out there.

Attachments

• P82A18341.jpg
    P82A18341.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I ordered a shifter for a street twin from Bike Bandit the other day. We will see how that works

151208-trump-rocket-1200x825.jpg
Sorry, could not resist it :D It's Rocket related Okaaay, no mas K5TIA.jpg

IMG_0711.JPG
The butcher job

13315403_10157001766440188_4418781037382701062_n.jpg
Look Tex on his new wheels taking flight !
I road Blaines Classic which he reversed the heal toe shifter. sounds weird but he drilled the back to except the linkage rod then totally removed the front arm. nice set up as the offset on the rear was not as much as the front and gave more room for various foot placement.

Myself after 70,000 miles with the heal toe classic shifter I stick with it as there is no reason to stomp it to get her in gear.

Back