This Close " to cutting off heel shifter

R3GEARLEVER (2).JPG A Tarozzi shifter lever will drop straight on.
R3GEARLEVER (1).JPG

Another Classic rider here trying to get rid of the heel shifter without wreaking an original part.

I saw this shifter lever on their web site but it only shows the foot piece. How do you order the linkage attachment piece?
R31.jpeg

Heel-toe shifter on my Classic is driving me nuts. The heel portion HAS to go, but I like the position of the front. Will I regret hacking it off? Is this a valuable, high-demand part? I know Triumph lists them at $137. If I can put a $25 YZ125 lever and sell mine for $100, I suppose that'd be worth doing, but if there's not much demand for them, I'd rather just take the zip-wheel to it.
I never use the heel shifter either

Another Classic rider here trying to get rid of the heel shifter without wreaking an original part.
I saw this shifter lever on their web site but it only shows the foot piece. How do you order the linkage attachment piece?
R31.jpeg
That link rod is the Original Triumph one

I had a set of old Tarozzis complete sat idle.

But look here for parts Tarozzi spare parts
If it were me I buy a set of universal rearsets - then you know it's all there and then some. Universal rearsets

This is the best supplier I know of. Even my Italian mate here with a bike shop buys from than rather than call Italy.

That link rod is the Original Triumph one
I had a set of old Tarozzis complete sat idle.
But look here for parts Tarozzi spare parts
If it were me I buy a set of universal rearsets - then you know it's all there and then some. Universal rearsets
This is the best supplier I know of. Even my Italian mate here with a bike shop buys from than rather than call Italy.

I tried to fit a Harley shifter straight to the motor but the diameter and tooth count do not match. Are you sure this Tarozzi fits and Classic Bolt size? They are not cheap. The peg and the offset are about $62 + a shifter peg they do not have.

R31.jpeg

your paint colors is like mine not to many painted like that. do u know the colors?
i was going to cut that heel off then i broke my leg and when i finally got back on the bike the only way i could shift was with the heel shifter.

your paint colors is like mine not to many painted like that. do u know the colors?
i was going to cut that heel off then i broke my leg and when i finally got back on the bike the only way i could shift was with the heel shifter.

Nope. Don't know what they call it. Have seen another in pics. I like it too. I like to ride with just the front of the foot planted and the heel free. The shifter is in the way. Want to keep all the original part in case the next owner wants them or I have to revert back for a reason like yours.

The heel shifter lever/peddle whatever on the Touring is bolted onto the toe shifter and is easy to remove I have as I didn't like it also I set my toe shifter high enough to fit my size 13 boots under the lever comfortably but kept it to refit if and when I sell the bike

I hate mine too! i am a shorter guy @ 5'7" and I like to put my feet in different positions and the heel piece gets in the way (and I never use it) getting the ax soon.

Back