This Close " to cutting off heel shifter

Rotating the lever on the spline so that the front of the shift lever is high enough to get your boot under places the rear part almost level with the foot board. Allows for more foot movement. No cutting necessary.

Rotating the lever on the spline so that the front of the shift lever is high enough to get your boot under places the rear part almost level with the foot board. Allows for more foot movement. No cutting necessary.

i dont know for sure but letting your foot rest on the heel shifter might take out the trans.

i dont know for sure but letting your foot rest on the heel shifter might take out the trans.

I thought about that but I just wanted to be able to place just the forefoot on the floor board so I chopped the heel peg. I can still heel shift the bike if I wish.
If I ever need the heel peg, Ill drill the shifter and rig a peg back on it. The metal is easy to cut and drill. I want a larger front shift peg so I might just take it to the local shop and have them drill it on their press and fit me larger pegs.

It seems like if u needed to use the heel shifter u could do that even with the heel cut off.
which means mine will be gone pretty soon.

I get a good range of movement with my size 43 shoe. Using the heal portion for shifting is now easier. I don't have to lift my heel nearly as much.

With those dainty little feet I can't resist sayin "Saddleup 'Little Foot' ", it has a real ring to it, says 'Ishrub the Clydesdale Clodhopper' ;):p:D*

* This has nothing to do with me being a couple of posts short of a 1000. :cool::rolleyes::whitstling:

I don't see it as a valuable part for which you're going to get $100. I see it as a part that you would put on eBay and it would languish there until one of the other Rockets owners who'd had his shifter castrated decided to spring for an original replacement. And then, if he were typical of Rocket owners, he'd want to get it for $19.95 unless you embossed "140 cubic inches" on the side.

FWIW, if you get gout in that big toe on your left foot, you will be very glad to have that heel shifter. It may be the difference between being able to shift and not being able to shift.

I dont like it I see guys stomping on the heel lever thats not good for the trans

Yeah, though Bob blamed the circlip being in backwards, I did grind the gears using the heel shifter a couple times, I haven't used it again since I got my tranny fixed, and have never missed a gear again.

Back