Thinking I need a Rocket

No reason to be embarrassed about any bike, in my opinion (unless you show up someplace you don't belong... Hayabusa at a dirt track is embarrassing, for instance).

The Wing is a great bike and is an industry leader in its class. Only reason to get something different is because it doesn't suit you for one reason or another, which sounds to be the case.

The Rocket 3 is something else entirely. It's a much more eye-catching and unusual bike. I love the bike for its cruiser looks and performance virtues (and I'm a torque junkie) but I have to be honest, I get a little pang of pride when other bikers crowd around it pointing and scratching their heads... especially when I walk to the bike and they start asking about it... "How big is that engine?" "That thing really has to move huh?" "I've never seen one of these!" I try not to overindulge my ego, since in the end the difference between me and any other feller is how we spend our money. I didn't design the thing, I didn't build the thing, and I'm so **** green I can't even confidently service the thing, but ask me once and I'll pose with it.

It feels great, it looks great, it sounds great, and it's **** near impossible to stop grinning when you've got a wide open to open up on. If you choose to get a Rocket, I doubt you'll ever look back!!

No reason to be embarrassed about any bike, in my opinion (unless you show up someplace you don't belong... Hayabusa at a dirt track is embarrassing, for instance).

The Wing is a great bike and is an industry leader in its class. Only reason to get something different is because it doesn't suit you for one reason or another, which sounds to be the case.

The Rocket 3 is something else entirely. It's a much more eye-catching and unusual bike. I love the bike for its cruiser looks and performance virtues (and I'm a torque junkie) but I have to be honest, I get a little pang of pride when other bikers crowd around it pointing and scratching their heads... especially when I walk to the bike and they start asking about it... "How big is that engine?" "That thing really has to move huh?" "I've never seen one of these!" I try not to overindulge my ego, since in the end the difference between me and any other feller is how we spend our money. I didn't design the thing, I didn't build the thing, and I'm so **** green I can't even confidently service the thing, but ask me once and I'll pose with it.

It feels great, it looks great, it sounds great, and it's **** near impossible to stop grinning when you've got a wide open to open up on. If you choose to get a Rocket, I doubt you'll ever look back!!

come on norseman...you got to give him a bit of stick. wouldnt matter what bike somebody rides you've always gotta givem stick for something. even if they are just riding a pretty red rocket!:D

come on norseman...you got to give him a bit of stick. wouldnt matter what bike somebody rides you've always gotta givem stick for something. even if they are just riding a pretty red rocket!:D

Well Ponters I will agree that the Rocket 3 is the greatest machine ever designed by the human race...
:bch:
but it's important not to appear arrogant. There's lots of machines that make lots of people happy for lots of different reasons. People have all kinds of good reasons for buying inferior machines ;)

You lot slay me...why choose one over the other? I'm a firm believer in having one's cake and eating it too. Why not own both? Have a Wing (or similar) and have a Rocket too? A man should have options :D

I want to know why the Speedmaster is being sacrificed for the sins of the Leadwing? :confused:

I've owned the '03 Speedy since new and it's been a pleasure to ride. i'm keeping the Wing but am really jonesin' for a bigger cruiser to compliment the GL. I also have 2 other bikes, a '70 BSA (head turner) and an '80 LTD 1000. I'd love to keep all 4 and add a Rocket but space is a concern. Love Triumphs and have even considered the new Trophy but that's another place/board.
There are a number of Wingers who have Rockets on other forums. Both can get along.

cat

The Rocket 3 is something else entirely. It's a much more eye-catching and unusual bike. The difference between me and any other feller is how we spend our money. I didn't design the thing, I didn't build the thing. But you did your research and outlaid your hard earned to buy a bike because it was a bit unique and it's unlikely you'll be just one among the many which appealed to you (and us) You just don't 'buy' that with a Goldwing.

It feels great, it looks great, it sounds great, and it's **** near impossible to stop grinning when you've got a wide open to open up on. If you choose to get a Rocket, I doubt you'll ever look back!! I have owned a lot of different bikes but my Rocket that does this ^ to me more than any of the others I've owned. Know there are other things that make a bike enjoyable but this must rate pretty high on the list ;)

Back