The Slippery Slope - CES Racing Headers

Neville will like the bigger CES pipes since he favors the larger ones over this smaller Bryant pipes. Get in touch with him and tell him your goals he will have good information. IMO real power need compression and cams do not give the big jump.

About thing Lush can get you started with a Tune ECU map and Custom Cycle Corner In Knoxville can customize the tune.

Last edited:
Neville will like the bigger CES pipes since he favors the larger ones over this smaller Bryant pipes. Get in touch with him and tell him your goals he will have good information. IMO real power need compression and cams do not give the big jump.

About thing Lush can get you started with a Tune ECU map and Custom Cycle Corner In Knoxville can customize the tune.

@Neville Lush was the one who schooled me on the need for headers before proceeding with anything further. Because I liked the look of the original headers (a little less now ;-) my original plan was to throw the street cams in without a change to the exhaust.

I'm now one step closer to following his advice, but fully aware that most of us have all the power and torque we need.... "want," now that's a different topic all together ;)

Sorry, you may have already told me about Custom Cycle Corner before, but will they work solely with TuneECU?

This site has been a bad influence....

Although I really do like the looks of the stock header, the quest for “more, more , more” eventually took me down the custom header path. I finally settled on the 2 ¼ diameter header and exhaust system from CES Racing Systems. I like the design, now even more than stock, and the availability of heat shields really sealed the deal for me.

I was impressed with how quickly CES responded to my initial email and that they quickly answered all of my questions, sent pictures, etc. They seemed really stoked to have my business, and we probably exchanged over a dozen emails.

Once I was ready to order, they had the header I wanted in stock (they also make a 1 ¾” version to take stock-sized mufflers, btw), but I need a longer 22” muffler to work with my saddle bags, so they had to custom make that part. Oh, I thought, OK, here we go… the wait, but just 23 days later, from Australia to the US, and I had my pipes!

Installation- less than 30 minutes- perfect fit! Nothing more to add here, but easy.

The Tune- OK, here’s where being a part of this group is so great. I reached out to Clavinger who sent me a tune he did for 1olbull. We had a similar setup, except that instead of Ramair I have K&Ns. The tune, btw, is on the new TUNEECU website that Claviger runs.

So, I loaded it and it ran like a bat out of Hades, but the popping and backfiring was more than I could put up with. Further reading here led me to play with the fueling tables, then with no joy, I finally took note of advice that it was likely due to an exhaust or intake leak, and that was spot on. It turned out that my O2 sensor bung wasn’t completely sealed. I would suggest that if you’ve just changed your exhaust, in any way, and are experiencing excessive popping and backfiring on decel that you have a leak that needs plug’n. Don’t always assume, like I did, that it’s the tune.

So, I have to give a huge shout out here to @1olbull and @Claviger for sharing that tune. She’s never run smoother throughout the range, or torquer/faster. It’s a very, very, noticeable difference.

So, now more than a week later, and I’m thinking some of those Lush street cams might be, really, “finally,” all that I’ll ever need....... What I need is an intervention.

To hear 'em I put together a video I shot on my way to work. They're about as loud as my TORs and PB crossover, but with a distinctive growl that comes alive on hard throttle and decel. Just right.

CES.jpg

IF YOU ARE THINKING "LUSH CAM" might as well think pistons as well that package will unleash 200hp .. I know that for fact

With 60,000 miles showing on the odometer after just four years of riding and the same to follow in the future i went with the street cams. Very happy with the results. Did have to upgrade to medium range gas. Noticeable increase in torque and power especially in the low end and mid range. Slight increase in the top end but can very easily bottom out the speedometer. Plus it was so simple to do i did it myself. Nothing to brag about but well worth the money and time. Between the 3 into one from Viking exhaust Ramair and the street cams the bike pulls rather well and rides great.

Patrick what exactly is in that package. I am looking for 200 HP.

the neville lush 200hp package include pistons,cams,optional stronger valve springs ( of course better breathing in and out is not included but obviously recommended )onmy R3 ramair and jardine complete the whole performance package and that is what is on my ride except the springs however the dyno sheet clocked 196hp and 168 lbs torque and all that and more is ........ up for sale ....on this forum:(

Last edited:
I have just ordered the 200hp package from Nev. Withe Ramair and CES headers and Nevs tune we were already making 165RWHP. With the Cams, HC Pistons, valves and springs, and clutch we will easy make the 200 RWHP. So looking forward to it

As I said, you guys are a bad influence....

Keep us posted on your changes. Inquiring minds want to know....

Back