tires

Hey Gunshots,
I'am with you man! I think a car front tire on the rocket would look decent. I don't have many miles since I put the lopdun on the front. But come another 12 thou and I am going to fetch me a right proper front car tire to try! I just put corbin skins on the SD and the rocket with a back rest. With the nice ride of the car tire and the nice ride of the corbins I'am really looking after my sweet ass.
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute

TxRIIIRider I went with the Raptor but a 205 60. Not so much wobbling on uneven surfaces I have it at 41 lbs and couldn't be happier with the handling as it gives better feel and less effort on the side for cornering and is effortless in parking lots. Hard to explain but it seems more sure footed in all situations. It's just gas and rear brake pads as I will not use the front unless called upon. Chirping on downshifts gets attention and always skid on last roll. Nice to be able to use a tire instead of dreading to.;)

I have noticed on crowned roads that I'm leaning into the crown just to go straight. I pretty much ride in the middle of the lane or the inside of the lane so it's not that big a deal, even more so since my tire was less than $150 mounted. I wonder if I ran a higher psi would that make it better or worse? Any thoughts? I have over 20k on front and rear brake pads...I use both.:cool:

Some of my everyday routines are evasive maneuvers and emergency panic stops. Understanding the limits of your machine on a daily basis is key to survival on the roads. Living on the edge and knowing your capabilities is what it is all about in my opinion. I may not be the brightest lamp in the store but I know what I like and if it is treating my rear rubber like a ***** then sir that is my choice. Using the front brake is optional and if I do have to use it, I, or someone else, did something wrong. I understand your point tdragger as using both brakes on stops is good practice, but not in corners or turns.

Went back and read my post. A little harsh. I apologize.

The rear brake on the Roc is somewhat of a sore point with me. Frankly, I have a very difficult time using it at all. I have a Std Roc w/ pegs. Normally on a bike with pegs, the rear brake lever is level or ever-so-slightly above the plane of the pegs. Use of the rear brake would not require you to lift your foot off the peg to reach the lever. On the Roc, however, I literally have to lift my foot off the peg to reach the brake lever. This, of course, affects balance and make for an uncomfortable feeling when in an agressive stopping event. For those with footboards, the height of the brake lever is necessary and may not be much of an issue. Do others share that concern?

I've never noticed a problem with the rear brake lever. Since the pegs are farther forward, the feet sit back at an angle a bit, and the brake pedal sits at about the same angle, so I just have to tilt my foot slightly to hit the rear brake.

Of course, if you're taller, I can see where you foot would be more leveled off and you would have to lift your foot for the brake pedal. I'm 5'11" and it fits me pretty good.

Back