Strange vibration?

I dunno. I went by the Dealers, yesterday, (Thursday), and was told it would probably be Saturday, before they can get to look at it. And the salesman didn't know my bike was in the shop. So, if they do read this forum, yet want to act like they don't, that's not good in my book. I don't know why people just can't be themselves. I like these guys, so I'm going with they will take care of me and my Rocket. Time will tell.

OK, they brought her back to me this morning. No charge for pick up and delivery. Said they could not find anything wrong except for the final drive leaking oil (AGAIN). So they put in a 3rd (counting the original) final drive. First one went to leaking at around 1500 miles, now at 7300 miles. They test drove it, to 60 mph. I had offered to pay the labor to pull the swing arm, and LOOK at the out put shaft/bearing. Don't know if they did or not, they didn't charge me anything. Just got back from a 40 mile ride, and the vibration is still there, just not as bad. Comes on real bad at around 70/80 in 3rd gear. Handlebars and foot pegs buzz BAD, gauges shake. Maybe the ****ed flywheel is coming loose, or the clutch, I dunno. Yup, I'm not a happy camper. Triumph emailed me a customer satisfaction survey. Yes, I burnt their ears. We'll see. I just can't help but think about the rear locking up, every time I go around a corner. People at dealership are very nice, I'm just between a warranty rock, and a hard place I guess.:(

sounds almost to me it may not be vibrating in the final drive but before that does it do it in neutral at those rpms?someone mentioned the dampner?on the rear wheel the other day?steady speed accelerating or deaccelerating bent driveline or u joint?

OK Boys and Girls, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I put my little Mobius video camera on my handlebars, and taped a little test ride. Now I realize that any little camera on the handlbars of any motorcycle is going to shake and vibrate, but PLEASE give it a watch, and give me your honest opinions, and guesses. Don't pay a lot of attention to all the noises, although some are interesting. Also notice the times I have the clutch in, for a curve, or when I downshift. At the very end, turn the volume up, and listen to the click/clank, as I roll it back and forth, in first gear. Now if I can just find the video I took, with the exact same camera and mount, a few months ago...... I love this bike, and she goes like a scalded dog, but sumthin ain't right. Here it tiss:

Cooter sorry to hear you are having these dramas. In the past I've needed to bypass local Dealers and contact Importers/Distributors themselves. I've found their warranty staff have a better understanding of possible causes of problems .. as they get to deal with all warranty claims. They have been helpful in regards to advice and putting pressure on Dealers when needed. The warranty staff have on a couple of occasions over-ridden decisions 'not to cover' made by Dealers. You'll get it sorted mate , hang in there :thumbsup:

This sounds like a problem that could be covered under the lemon law, i.e., if the lemon law extends to motorcycles as well as to cars!?

Back