Strange vibration?

could they have forgotten to put the lube in the final drive?
can you see any movement where the axle nut is at?

No movement of anything, although I dunno if you could wiggle anything if it did have a bad bearing. Something in the drive train, either the u-joint, or something's coming loose, output bearing? Sounds, and feels like when driving, an out of balance drive shaft in a car. (I had one once). A steady rumble type thing, that gets worse with speed. Pulling in the clutch and letting the engine go to idle, has no effect on it. We'll see what they say tomorrow. I'll post results for sure.

Wednesday morning. They are coming this morning, (11:00) to pick it up. I'd much rather get into it myself, and feel rather confident that it's done right, but then there would be no warranty, and these Triumph parts can get expensive. I'm gonna make a guess here. I say the output bearing took a dump, allowing the shaft to go out of round, and that in turn messed up the bearings in the final drive. I'll miss her. Gotta pay $90 for the pick-up, and I'll ***** about that, after the final outcome. At least it's going to the shop.:(

If that is a warranty claim - you should not be out of pocket...
The dealer I got mine through had to do the recall for the headlight relay. The dealer is in Maroochydore that's 90 minutes away - they came and picked it up in there van and took it away overnight and was delivered back the following day - NO cost to me.
This would be the dealer wanting to gouge you for the privilege....
I would write a letter of complaint to Triumph if they seem to be poorly representing the brand by not fixing it right the first time and then screwing you the second time cos they ***d up.
Just my 2c

If that is a warranty claim - you should not be out of pocket...
The dealer I got mine through had to do the recall for the headlight relay. The dealer is in Maroochydore that's 90 minutes away - they came and picked it up in there van and took it away overnight and was delivered back the following day - NO cost to me.
This would be the dealer wanting to gouge you for the privilege....
I would write a letter of complaint to Triumph if they seem to be poorly representing the brand by not fixing it right the first time and then screwing you the second time cos they ***d up.
Just my 2c

I'd threaten to f_ck their kids..........oops did I type that out loud :oops:

Back