This is an old problem/topic. A few years ago, there were reports of some people taking their Rockets back to dealer, for vibrations, and all the dealers were doing to solve the problem was adjusting all the slack out of the clutch cable. Would keep the customer happy, until either the lifter piece would break/wear out, or the clutch would start slipping. Just sayin......

+ ONE
correct free play or the clutches will go away

That's what I was trying to imply. You must have free play in the clutch cable. "Adjusted properly":)
YEP EXACTLY I always check the clutch levers on any Rockets I see to see if they are adjusted correctly as its so critical to have the proper clearance

2005 same issue when I adjust the free play out clutch slips. Watching
You have a 05 which has different parts not that it changes the correct amount free play just IMO rattle a wee bit more then the 06-07 changes and even a little more then the 2011 R3T engine-present on all engines. But the rattle does not send vibrations throughout the bike other problems do.

Welcome to the forum!!!!! You will get loads of help. Sorry I can't help at this time. I was actually looking at this bike a couple weeks ago. Was seriously thinking of buying it to add it to the other rocket I have. I have a 2005 with 5000 miles on it and I have no vibrations up to 100. Don't know about higher speeds as the bike hasn't went over this speed.

Are you from Iowa?

Mark Graham
Bondurant
Yes, I live in Des Moines. I think I'm going to call Baxter Cycle in Marne and see what they have to say.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

All comments aside, as a 2015 is in still in warranty? In addition as you've only just bought it, the dealer has certain obligations. Could you reject it as faulty and buy another? Ok, might have more miles on it but at least it would be rideable.
I thought about that but I got a really good deal on it, $3700 less than a new one and it only had 495 miles on it, so it was pretty much new. I've put almost 900 miles on it so far and other than the vibes the bike feels like it was made just for me. Anyway I'm going to look around and find someone that can help me smooth the thing out.

I told them about this vibrating clutch
I read somewhere it came from this 105n/m nut holding the clutch basket not torque enough
Waiting for the parts
Thank god i have a spare rocket
IMG_4938.PNG
I wish I was on holiday in Italy!! Just didn't set my profile up correctly, I live in Des Moines Iowa, USA. We have a very reputable Triumph dealer about 1 hour away from me called Baxter Cycle, I'm going to contact them.

The vibration doesn't go away until the clutch is pulled far enough that there is no free play, but the clutch does not engage. i've read on this forum and elsewhere that removing the free play will ruin the clutch. Have you seen this issue before? Thanks for the response Fingers.
SO it was explained that you can adust the freeplay to remove 80 percent of the vibes but you must have sme freeplay so the clutch doesnt slip and you burn up the lfter parts DID you do this ?

Back