Welcome to the forum!!!!! You will get loads of help. Sorry I can't help at this time. I was actually looking at this bike a couple weeks ago. Was seriously thinking of buying it to add it to the other rocket I have. I have a 2005 with 5000 miles on it and I have no vibrations up to 100. Don't know about higher speeds as the bike hasn't went over this speed.

Are you from Iowa?

Mark Graham
Bondurant

Hello All, new member and new R3R owner here. Picked up my 2015 R3R with 495 miles on the clock on 5-27-17. Rode for 300 miles over the Memorial Day weekend and found this thing buzzes really hard. The problem happens when accelerating and cruising in all gears and gets worse the faster the bike goes. Had it up to 90mph and the whole bike, foot pegs, gas tank, and bars were vibrating so hard I thought the bike was going to fall apart, the mirrors were so fuzzy they were unusable. Funny thing is when I pull the clutch just a little the vibration goes away. I've only found 1 post relating to this problem with no clear fix so this must not be normal. Dropped the bike off at the dealer on 5-30-17 and they were baffled when I explained the problem. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm concerned that I may have gotten a lemon.

Welcome to the forum!!!!! You will get loads of help. Sorry I can't help at this time. I was actually looking at this bike a couple weeks ago. Was seriously thinking of buying it to add it to the other rocket I have. I have a 2005 with 5000 miles on it and I have no vibrations up to 100. Don't know about higher speeds as the bike hasn't went over this speed.

Are you from Iowa?

Mark Graham
Bondurant
You should have it looked at, something must be wrong with it. :D

You should have it looked at, something must be wrong with it. :D
I told them about this vibrating clutch
I read somewhere it came from this 105n/m nut holding the clutch basket not torque enough
Waiting for the parts
Thank god i have a spare rocket
IMG_4938.PNG

I know exactly what you are discribing. My 2011 Roadster has had that condition since new, now has 24000kms. May have gotten a little worse over time but I accept it now.

The vibration starts at around 2200rpm, fades out around 2500rpm then stays in. With slightest pressure on the clutch lever it disappears completely.

From the feed back on this forum some don't have any vibration and others have it worse than others. But now one has the solution.

I have taken it up with Triumph Australia and mention on every survey Triumph has sent me but no solutions.

Let me know what the dealer comes up with.

You wouldn't be using a diverted location for your net access - are you? Well your location flag does anyway unless your on holiday in Italy! ;):D:eek:

The OP's bike sounds to be a lot worse than yours too I wouldn't put up with it on a bike with under 1000miles - the dealer is just bull****ting him if it is that bad!

Last edited:
You are clever, i am in Milan at the moment, triumph Australia did suggest getting a dealer to check the torque of the clutch hub nut, but I did not have it done.

I have an 05 with 50k on the clock and she is silky smooth, just bought an 08 with 19k miles and she vibrates so bad around 3k that my hands start going numb. Kinda sucks because that one of the things I love about my other Rocket is how it smooth it is.

I have an 05 with 50k on the clock and she is silky smooth, just bought an 08 with 19k miles and she vibrates so bad around 3k that my hands start going numb. Kinda sucks because that one of the things I love about my other Rocket is how it smooth it is.
Well looks like you know how to fix it now. :thumbsup:

same old feed back, from no vibration to bad vibrations, surely triumph are aware and could offer a fix.

A survey would be a good idea, then send the results to Triumph.

Back