bobbiestunes

.020 Over
Ride
2015 R3R
Hello All, new member and new R3R owner here. Picked up my 2015 R3R with 495 miles on the clock on 5-27-17. Rode for 300 miles over the Memorial Day weekend and found this thing buzzes really hard. The problem happens when accelerating and cruising in all gears and gets worse the faster the bike goes. Had it up to 90mph and the whole bike, foot pegs, gas tank, and bars were vibrating so hard I thought the bike was going to fall apart, the mirrors were so fuzzy they were unusable. Funny thing is when I pull the clutch just a little the vibration goes away. I've only found 1 post relating to this problem with no clear fix so this must not be normal. Dropped the bike off at the dealer on 5-30-17 and they were baffled when I explained the problem. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm concerned that I may have gotten a lemon.

Sounds like the clutch free play needs adjust
The vibration doesn't go away until the clutch is pulled far enough that there is no free play, but the clutch does not engage. i've read on this forum and elsewhere that removing the free play will ruin the clutch. Have you seen this issue before? Thanks for the response Fingers.

I know exactly what you are discribing. My 2011 Roadster has had that condition since new, now has 24000kms. May have gotten a little worse over time but I accept it now.

The vibration starts at around 2200rpm, fades out around 2500rpm then stays in. With slightest pressure on the clutch lever it disappears completely.

From the feed back on this forum some don't have any vibration and others have it worse than others. But now one has the solution.

I have taken it up with Triumph Australia and mention on every survey Triumph has sent me but no solutions.

Let me know what the dealer comes up with.

I know exactly what you are discribing. My 2011 Roadster has had that condition since new, now has 24000kms. May have gotten a little worse over time but I accept it now.

The vibration starts at around 2200rpm, fades out around 2500rpm then stays in. With slightest pressure on the clutch lever it disappears completely.

From the feed back on this forum some don't have any vibration and others have it worse than others. But now one has the solution.

I have taken it up with Triumph Australia and mention on every survey Triumph has sent me but no solutions.

Bummer, this is what I was afraid of, sounds like we have the same problem. Should hear back from the dealer today, I'll let you know what they have to say. Thanks for your input Motolink.

Motolink, what did your dealer have to say about the problem?

If the clutch freeplay is adjusted correctly it will remove 80 percent of the vibration I attribute it to the clutch lifter mechanism rattleing around off center causing an imbalance and the vibration we feel and pulling the cluttch lever in centers the parts and stops the vibes

If the clutch freeplay is adjusted correctly it will remove 80 percent of the vibration I attribute it to the clutch lifter mechanism rattleing around off center causing an imbalance and the vibration we feel and pulling the cluttch lever in centers the parts and stops the vibes
Thanks IMFASTTOO, I'll take a look at that, I can live with 80 percent of the vibes gone. Just heard back from my dealer, they say there's nothing wrong.

2007 almost the same bought mine @ 6000 miles when i hit 3000 rpm it would make the vibration touch the clutch lever with little finger and it would go away. at 35000 mils does a little worse but i am used to it so it does not bother me. there r several on here that has the vibration.

2007 almost the same bought mine @ 6000 miles when i hit 3000 rpm it would make the vibration touch the clutch lever with little finger and it would go away. at 35000 mils does a little worse but i am used to it so it does not bother me. there r several on here that has the vibration.
Picked the bike up from the dealer today and the mechanic told me they all vibrate pretty hard and there's no fix. I guess I'll live with it or try to find someone that knows the issue and can fix it since I'm no mechanic. Thanks all for your responses.

Back