As far as putting vehicles on tick,,
If the interest rate is low it entices buyers ......thats fine if you have a steady job which will keep you employed and able to make the monthly payments. If things change and your job goes west, you better have the funds to be able to keep the vehicle...just sayin.
You can sometimes leverage the tick. I’ll pay on time if I can use the cash and make more money elsewhere. Also get the cheaper finance deal and pay off first month.
Just make sure you do the math, check the contracts, and are sure of your risk

Yes but..... the big but.... What if you live off your investments and they are making you money. You then finance a new vehicle with zero down and zero interest (or close to it). That $30k, $40K or $50k chunk you might have pulled from your investments to pay for said vehicle, could have been making you quite a bit of cash. Done properly, financing can actually save you on a vehicle purchase!!!

Now if the dealer is offering a big cash saving for a cash purchase, that might be different.... do the math first.

I paid cash for the last 2 bikes I bought. With the Rocket, if I remember correctly, it was 3.99% financing through Triumph for the full price of the bike. If I paid cash, I received a $4500 price reduction along with quite a few other perks. Went for the cash deal.... :)

We've paid cash on some vehicles... financed others. It all depends on where you are in your life and how you view the "Here and now" based on your expected future. My Mom saved and saved to pay cash for most everything (except for her home which she made double payments); and when she could start to enjoy the fruits of her labor a sick husband and her own cancer took much of that away (her husband passed but she lives with us tied to an oxygen tank). Anyone could get hit crossing a road but in my line of work I've learned to enjoy the "now moment" as much as possible as I may not be here tomorrow to enjoy it with family... so my bride and I plan for the future but enjoy today while we still can. For us it's a balancing act.
Just my thoughts...
-MIG

I envy you for this (is that said in the right way?) - I privately have no cage, but I have a company car which I use for around 60.000 km / year. And to be honest: it would not be such a pleasure to do this with a bike, because without a Speed Limit on our Highways I make a lot of Kilometers day by day… that would not be very conveniant on a bike...

I love them as toys because I am a mechanical engineer and I would spend my evenings in the Wintergarten just staring at the Beauty of my bikes… if my wife would allow it (what she does not do...)

For me a motorcycle can be a work of art...

Thank you for enlighting me, Boog - it is very interesting to enter a motorcycle forum just because of the bike and end up by learning about how different people think at the other sode of the Atlantic...

You have hit the very essence of this forum, different ideas from around the world. These differences are important and i have learned much!

My dealer asked me to finance some on the TFC. I told him I didn’t need to but he explained the game in full with numbers and everything. I did finance some to help them out. I don’t plan on carrying that not very long at all. Last month I sent the regular payment plus a 10k.:p

Actually it might work out better since I may need some of those cash reserves just to make bills during this Covid and government financial disaster.:mad:

Call your legislator, governor and major. Let them know you vote and make political contributions. Tell them that you have 6 highly educated and hard to find employees that are now furloughed and that you must re-open your doors NOW or go for broke.

How are you going to deal with the aerosol from the handpiece? The dental environment is hard to infection control. Surely the ADA will issue directives and standards during this difficult recovery period.

They need cash not paper.

Isn't it hard for dealers to.pay the rent and utilities with loan paper?

That’s not how it works. The finance company pays the dealer in full, including any initial kick back, before the bike is released from the shop. Purchaser then owes the debt to the finance company, not the dealer.

Call your legislator, governor and major. Let them know you vote and make political contributions. Tell them that you have 6 highly educated and hard to find employees that are now furloughed and that you must re-open your doors NOW or go for broke.

How are you going to deal with the aerosol from the handpiece? The dental environment is hard to infection control. Surely the ADA will issue directives and standards during this difficult recovery period.
They wouldn’t give me an ear.:mad: My niece operates a antique and tee shirt printing store and they got themselves declared essential business.:eek: Total crap.

I always wear mask and gloves but I could die from this job someday. We really don’t have much Covid here. If they issue to many directives it will drive costs up and people complain enough already. I would rather the government stand down a bit and let me make my choices.:rolleyes:

The real problem is not the decisions that thinking, rational, intelligent people will make. It’s the bloody morons that outnumber us that cause draconian restrictions to be imposed. An intelligent person will go and sit alone on a park bench and that should be fine, but if it’s allowed how do you stop 1,000 other people wanting to do the same, in the same park at the same time. Unfortunately we’re all in this together.

They wouldn’t give me an ear.:mad: My niece operates a antique and tee shirt printing store and they got themselves declared essential business.:eek: Total crap.

I always wear mask and gloves but I could die from this job someday. We really don’t have much Covid here. If they issue to many directives it will drive costs up and people complain enough already. I would rather the government stand down a bit and let me make my choices.:rolleyes:

I guess the dentist is not essential until you chew down and crack a molar.

Back