What happens after your motorcycle is stolen?

Long time no posting. Been busy with other stuff. My 1982 T140 Bonneville got stolen. No insurancebut was reported. It was recovered but was savagely chopped. They'd left the plate in the shed was only way it was identifable. Basically all that was good was the motor (had been restamped grrr!) wheels and forks. I picked through the shed to identify what was mine (got a ton of parts😐 as no other bikes/owners identified. I rebuilt it. Had to get new plate/papers too, and still own it today. Its a bitza now but still happy with it.

What you should have said in front of the police is let me look at the tapes and I'll go after the Mo Fos myself, and stay out of my way. If your not involved then swear to stay not involved. They get bat chit crazy if you threaten to do their work for them.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Doc you know how that ends up in today's Justice system. I need to stay in the light side. My family doesn’t have a good history visiting the dark side.

Long time no posting. Been busy with other stuff. My 1982 T140 Bonneville got stolen. No insurancebut was reported. It was recovered but was savagely chopped. They'd left the plate in the shed was only way it was identifable. Basically all that was good was the motor (had been restamped grrr!) wheels and forks. I picked through the shed to identify what was mine (got a ton of parts😐 as no other bikes/owners identified. I rebuilt it. Had to get new plate/papers too, and still own it today. Its a bitza now but still happy with it.
Some redemption for you.

20180830_181011.jpg

Doc you know how that ends up in today's Justice system. I need to stay in the light side. My family doesn’t have a good history visiting the dark side.
You are right of course. I did not say you should go after it yourself. Just threaten to just to fire up the police. What bothers me is the fact that they are doing very little to nothing and spect you to just lay back, take it and sit idle just like them. Your story has hit several nerves of mine and I’m reacting out of my own past experiences.

You are right of course. I did not say you should go after it yourself. Just threaten to just to fire up the police. What bothers me is the fact that they are doing very little to nothing and spect you to just lay back, take it and sit idle just like them. Your story has hit several nerves of mine and I’m reacting out of my own past experiences.
No problem Doc. I'm not entirely sure that the police are even allowed to enforce certain laws today. Fussing at them might make feel better for a few seconds.

Let me give all a little friendly advise if you plan on riding/driving in Idaho. Get all the insurance you can afford if coming to Idaho. I have all my vehicles insured with full coverage and uninsured and under insured drivers.

You see many Idaho drivers do not buy auto liability insurance because the fine for not having it in Idaho is only $75.

Back