A blast on number 547 TFC.

Actually it has I think 7HP more so not anything to get excited about so now the VMAX and Diaval are bertter performers it seems TRiumph is always lagging behind and would sell much better if it made say 230 HP
There is no reason that it couldn't put out 200hp. There are a few sport bikes that are much lighter that are putting out near or above 200hp.

There is no reason that it couldn't put out 200hp. There are a few sport bikes that are much lighter that are putting out near or above 200hp.
I don't know why but I feel like Triumph IS going to put out a 190+hp Rocket in the near future. I feel like they were testing the waters for a 'higher powered Rocket' to see if it catches on. I assume it will be like the TFC and limited but with bigger HP and a bigger price tag. If the new Rocket is selling as well as the Triumph dealers state then count a touring model also. It's all about the money and if there is demand they will build it. They would be fools if they don't and should jump while the Rockets hot.

I don't know why but I feel like Triumph IS going to put out a 190+hp Rocket in the near future. I feel like they were testing the waters for a 'higher powered Rocket' to see if it catches on. I assume it will be like the TFC and limited but with bigger HP and a bigger price tag. If the new Rocket is selling as well as the Triumph dealers state then count a touring model also. It's all about the money and if there is demand they will build it. They would be fools if they don't and should jump while the Rockets hot.
I've been saying for years they should take a lesson from Harley, and offer kits in 3 more stages of hp just like Carpenter does. Triumph already works with Carpenter on the Streamliner. Why not pay him for his R&D in the 3 kits, and offer it through the dealer network.

I've been saying for years they should take a lesson from Harley, and offer kits in 3 more stages of hp just like Carpenter does. Triumph already works with Carpenter on the Streamliner. Why not pay him for his R&D in the 3 kits, and offer it through the dealer network.
The big companies are somewhat limit by government regulations. Harley got in some big trouble for tunes not EPA compliant. I do agree kits that can be privately tuned would be great and keep them out of trouble. I know Triumph is pretty lenient about after sales tuning and warranties. I was told this by a factory rep when we discussed locked ECUs and tuning.

The big companies are somewhat limit by government regulations. Harley got in some big trouble for tunes not EPA compliant. I do agree kits that can be privately tuned would be great and keep them out of trouble. I know Triumph is pretty lenient about after sales tuning and warranties. I was told this by a factory rep when we discussed locked ECUs and tuning.
I remember years ago when Harley had a real motorcycle shop in Houma, not a high end clothing store like it is today. The owner's son was the head mechanic. They had problems with the Evo motors having decel popping. He knew it was because they were lean, but because of regulations they couldn't just put a bigger jet in the carb. His solution was to drill the jet to the next size. Problem fixed, and if anyone pulled the jet it had the right size stamped on it.

Yes the new CBR is stating 212 hp.
personally , I think the TFCs should have been ramped right up in hp but with an optional restriction kit . ( maybe some 18mm washers in the header pipes ) ? ;)

Yes the new CBR is stating 212 hp.
personally , I think the TFCs should have been ramped right up in hp but with an optional restriction kit . ( maybe some 18mm washers in the header pipes ) ? ;)
YES a 400 lb bike with that power and the 2500CC ROCKET should be over 200

Back