Please excuse my ignorance: you finance a motorcycle?

To be honest, this idea would never come up to me - a bike is a toy, and toys have to be payed cash...

Is it normal to do so in the US? Please, do not see this as an insult! It's just a way of thinking which is completely new to me...
I agree with you a bike is mostly a toy so should not be financed, now in America, they will finance a double cheeseburger, the mentality over here is if you can finance it you can afford it:eek: poor old Adam Smith is turning in his grave.

An old uncle of mine told me once "If you can't afford to pay cash for it then you can't afford it!"....he was talking vehicles..
I took that onboard and can see the sense in it....not to say i havn't financed a couple of vehicles since but add up the xtra money it costs you to actually pay that vehicle off and it will scare the shyte out of you!.

Please excuse my ignorance: you finance a motorcycle?

To be honest, this idea would never come up to me - a bike is a toy, and toys have to be payed cash...

Is it normal to do so in the US? Please, do not see this as an insult! It's just a way of thinking which is completely new to me...

I absolutely financed mine. When I bought my 2016 I got 1.5% for 4 years. Why would I pay cash when I can get super cheap financing and invest my cash making way more than I am paying in interest over the life of the loan?

Back