31 HP gain with a slip on and 40 on torque. Should have started your post out correctly. Here let me help (ONCE UPON A TIME...................................

In all fairness he did say "and a tune from HansO and gained 31hp and 40tq". Stock in good condition and state of tune with correct settings of TPS and everything else the R3 was reported to provide approx. 120 RWHP and with a high performance filter, collector and cat free muffler and Hanso tune tweaked to suit MAY give 140-145 RWHP. If Dain's claimed modded bike was subpar to start with and only giving 110RWHP before mods and correct tuning due to old clogged filter, incorrect adjustment, damaged cats etc it is possible to get the 31 RWHP gains claimed though I have not explored the torque results and it would need clarification of the units referred to.

The gist of my post is ALL facts and figures must be provided and considered before making final judgement. ALL dyno figures can provide is an indication of improvement from one state of tune to another on a specific dyno run at the same conditions with the same bike.
The dyno' condition, design and / or operator may cause more issues in the accuracy of the results.

ALL dyno figures are really only an indication and especially if only reflecting wide open throttle (WOT) in a particular gear and do not necessarily reflect accurately how that is expressed in real road use and are often incomparable to other dyno's/tuner's results beyond broad comparison. Figures for boasting and wild claims are just that and are simply an indication of potential capability in a specific WOT scenario. A skilled rider on an underpowered bike will trounce a 'Dyno King' bike with average rider every day every time. 90% of the time the owner/rider never uses WOT throttle performance correctly or to its potential so it is largely just a wank factor for most including me - Just Sayin;):D

I would much rather have a Lush or similar expert performed tune with a lower claimed figure EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME, than a set of higher figures on a less skilled operators dyno.

Without judgement I would also prefer a complete crafted system with header and muffler to suit from Viking than a Dain muffler can replacement on a stock header with flex tube connector and cover plate but that is what choice and different values are - different.

Last edited:
These before and after numbers were posted by member Skanska161 not by me, believe them or don't believe them. All I can say is I have a proud customer base they don't return to you unless you treat them well.

Dain

These before and after numbers were posted by member Skanska161 not by me, believe them or don't believe them. All I can say is I have a proud customer base they don't return to you unless you treat them well.

Dain
I did ride with a DAIN equipped bike one day and it looked and sounded great .

In all fairness he did say "and a tune from HansO and gained 31hp and 40tq". Stock in good condition and state of tune with correct settings of TPS and everything else the R3 was reported to provide approx. 120 RWHP and with a high performance filter, collector and cat free muffler and Hanso tune tweaked to suit MAY give 140-145 RWHP. If Dain's claimed modded bike was subpar to start with and only giving 110RWHP before mods and correct tuning due to old clogged filter, incorrect adjustment, damaged cats etc it is possible to get the 31 RWHP gains claimed though I have not explored the torque results and it would need clarification of the units referred to.

The gist of my post is ALL facts and figures must be provided and considered before making final judgement. ALL dyno figures can provide is an indication of improvement from one state of tune to another on a specific dyno run at the same conditions with the same bike.
The dyno' condition, design and / or operator may cause more issues in the accuracy of the results.

ALL dyno figures are really only an indication and especially if only reflecting wide open throttle (WOT) in a particular gear and do not necessarily reflect accurately how that is expressed in real road use and are often incomparable to other dyno's/tuner's results beyond broad comparison. Figures for boasting and wild claims are just that and are simply an indication of potential capability in a specific WOT scenario. A skilled rider on an underpowered bike will trounce a 'Dyno King' bike with average rider every day every time. 90% of the time the owner/rider never uses WOT throttle performance correctly or to its potential so it is largely just a wank factor for most including me - Just Sayin;):D

I would much rather have a Lush or similar expert performed tune with a lower claimed figure EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME, than a set of higher figures on a less skilled operators dyno.

Without judgement I would also prefer a complete crafted system with header and muffler to suit from Viking than a Dain muffler can replacement on a stock header with flex tube connector and cover plate but that is what is choice and different values are - different.
WE will be DYNO testing some new exhaust options and I will have some results to post up soon .

Dain

Before and After Mods Dyno Results!

ok so i dont see a lot of these, so i wanted to share.

100% stock 2008 Rocket 3 Touring

106HP
127 Tourqe

Now for Mods:

K&N Tripple filters
Dain Pipe
HansO Tune

I did an adaptives reset, and a 12 minute tune. Also mounted my air sensor in fresh air (not under tank)

137 HP
164 Tourqe

Feels like a new bike. Lots more power, and will now burn the tire in 1st, and 2nd. I am very happy with my results and wanted to share!

I will post my Dyno sheets as soon as i scan them. BIG thanks to all you guys that helped me out! Couldent have done it with out you!

As seen it was a Touring and he was selling the Dain after 500 miles use in the year to April 2017 to go with a Carpenterized 210 kit apparently and the Dain slip on set up may still be available at a good price $200 or offer if not gone to eBay already. Selling Exhaust

Last edited:
Never-the-less still was increase of 31 horsepower and 40 lb of torque from the stock 106 and 127. So he got the taste for power and wanted more. So whats the problem.

Dain

Never-the-less still was increase of 31 horsepower and 40 lb of torque from the stock 106 and 127. So he got the taste for power and wanted more. So whats the problem.

Dain
IMG_0348.JPG really IMG_0060.JPG 30,000 miles on the 2015 Rocket X bought in Oct 2015. 85,000 miles on 2010 Fatboy Harley bought new in 2010. Nether has slip ons. Been riding since I was 17 and now at 59. Firm believer in a tuned exhaust system. Enjoy riding, You are talking out of the side of your mouth. I do not. Knew by your claims that it was a touring model. Did not even have to ask. Just the tune alone would allow for a dramatic increase in horse power. Ain't buying it my man. Have seen your kind before. Have you ever thought about selling used cars?

Dain
I haven't got a problem at all, just providing the full information available. Your slip on cans are what they are and seem good value for that, if that is what is wanted. Would actually be useful for me to convert a Jardines header I have w/o the pipes as the Jardine headers will not bolt up to stock exhausts but will do toyour Dains with flex pipe design. I have a CES header fitted at the moment though, so no immediate need but I may get a another R3 for a chair later.

Back