SavageRiver

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket lll Roadster
Hello everyone, I have been looking around on the forum for a few weeks now and I need some help, please. I love my new Rocket but one thing aesthetically I would like to change. I like the leveled look of the pipes on the Touring Rocket. I would like to level out my stock pipes to have the same look as the touring. Has anyone done this to their Rocket or is this even possible and if so how was it done. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
If you simply wanted to level out your stock Roadster mufflers, I could build you one of my free flow cross over pipes that would angle these down to level easy enough.
I have a Rocket Engine/chassis up a stand in my work shop, I also have a pair of stock Roadster mufflers so could set this all up for you.
You would need new mounting brackets as well of coarse, which I can also do.

IMG_0608.JPG

If you simply wanted to level out your stock Roadster mufflers, I could build you one of my free flow cross over pipes that would angle these down to level easy enough.
I have a Rocket Engine/chassis up a stand in my work shop, I also have a pair of stock Roadster mufflers so could set this all up for you.
You would need new mounting brackets as well of coarse, which I can also do.

IMG_0608.JPG
I am thinking, will leveling the pipes decrease the angle the bike can lean into a corner without dragging.

Maybe, but I think your footrests will touch down first.
The front part of the muffler is the lowest point so anything rearward of that will not be any lower so cornering clearance should be fine.
Any Touring Riders care to comment here ?
The problem will be that when you rotate the R/H Muffler lower, the heat shield/cover is not going line up properly, I guess this could be modified to suit tho'
The L/H side will be fine as the cover there will rotate with the muffler.

Maybe, but I think your footrests will touch down first.
The front part of the muffler is the lowest point so anything rearward of that will not be any lower so cornering clearance should be fine.
Any Touring Riders care to comment here ?
The problem will be that when you rotate the R/H Muffler lower, the heat shield/cover is not going line up properly, I guess this could be modified to suit tho'
The L/H side will be fine as the cover there will rotate with the muffler.
Paul, you have an endless amount of knowledge compared to me. I need to research this but it looks like your crossover pipe might me the trick.

Paul, you have an endless amount of knowledge compared to me. I need to research this but it looks like your crossover pipe might me the trick.

Have a look at where/how that R/H cover attaches, top bolt (of the cover) to the tail end of the header, and a clamp around the front section of the muffler.
The pivot point to rotate this is about mid section, this is where you will run into a little grief, not insurmountable tho' probably just a little trimming at the top end of the cover where it meets the header rear/lower cover.

Have a look at where/how that R/H cover attaches, top bolt (of the cover) to the tail end of the header, and a clamp around the front section of the muffler.
The pivot point to rotate this is about mid section, this is where you will run into a little grief, not insurmountable tho' probably just a little trimming at the top end of the cover where it meets the header rear/lower cover.
Thanks Paul, I will take a look at what you are saying. Much appreciated.

Back