The only way to do it properly and maintain your excellent reputation.

I'm working on this.
Both as a "slip on" to the stock header, and of coarse onto my own free flow header.
The length of the muffler can be varied to suit Customers tastes.

IMG_0971.JPG
Very nice work!

Hi, SavageRiver I have something that you might be interested in, I have made lots of these over the years. It's a 3 into one pipe setup.
I will add some pictures and video's. It comes complete and deletes the cat box, so nothing else to buy, it also has a removable baffle for that super loud note. It comes in different lengths to suite your taste. Price is about $400, depending on shipping.
side-view-bike.11265

customers-bike.11269
blacked-out-system.11268

Thanks, Dain

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20160408_000406(1).jpg
    20160408_000406(1).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 2
  • blacked exhaust 3.jpg
    blacked exhaust 3.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2
A retune does not have to be done!!! You can do a 12 minute tune if you want and if you do want to retune, HansO can help you out with that.
There are a great bunch of guys on this site and very helpful.

Thanks, Dain

A retune does not have to be done!!! You can do a 12 minute tune if you want and if you do want to retune, HansO can help you out with that.
There are a great bunch of guys on this site and very helpful.

Thanks, Dain

That's a crock Dain, if you don't re tune you will burn the Engine.
The stock O2 sensor is a "Narrow band" sensor, the "12 minute tune" is good for re-setting the idle, what do you do when doing a "12 minute tune" ?
You let it idle for 12 minutes with out touching the throttle.

So what are you going to do about the rest of the rev range ?
Or do you suggest that people only ride at idle with your system ?

Sorry , SavageRiver this guy has a thing for me and I will not respond to him. Your Rocket has a learning ECU. I have been doing these exhausts for years, including my own Rocket and have not seen very often where you need a retune with a slip on exhaust. I have put about 8000 miles on mine since changing the exhaust. And these are not the only ones i do. Now if you get a lot of popping you might need to, but since the exhaust is after the O2 sensor it is not necessary, unless you get a lot of popping. But if you did want to, the USB cable and TuneECU disc are about $20 on ebay and like i said HansO will help you with a tune cause he is a great guy and very helpful. Also if you change the air filter you will have to retune because it is before the O2 sensor. You will not blow your motor these motors are very tough. The best way to tell if a tune is needed, is to put it on a dyno with an O2 sensor inserted, but also, I have done this with mine, is to warm the bike and run full throttle then hit the kill switch and pull the plugs and read them. If they are ash white it will be on the lean side if they are black it's running rich. Now one of my customers did do a dyno before and after and had changed his air filter with my exhaust and a tune from HansO and gained 31hp and 40tq. If you need to know anything else PM me.

Thanks, Dain

Sorry , SavageRiver this guy has a thing for me and I will not respond to him. Your Rocket has a learning ECU. I have been doing these exhausts for years, including my own Rocket and have not seen very often where you need a retune with a slip on exhaust. I have put about 8000 miles on mine since changing the exhaust. And these are not the only ones i do. Now if you get a lot of popping you might need to, but since the exhaust is after the O2 sensor it is not necessary, unless you get a lot of popping. But if you did want to, the USB cable and TuneECU disc are about $20 on ebay and like i said HansO will help you with a tune cause he is a great guy and very helpful. Also if you change the air filter you will have to retune because it is before the O2 sensor. You will not blow your motor these motors are very tough. The best way to tell if a tune is needed, is to put it on a dyno with an O2 sensor inserted, but also, I have done this with mine, is to warm the bike and run full throttle then hit the kill switch and pull the plugs and read them. If they are ash white it will be on the lean side if they are black it's running rich. Now one of my customers did do a dyno before and after and had changed his air filter with my exhaust and a tune from HansO and gained 31hp and 40tq. If you need to know anything else PM me.

Thanks, Dain

Boy Oh Boy you're way off the mark there Daino.
Firstly I don't have a "thing for you" but what I do have is a "thing against Bullshiet"

The purpose of the O2 sensor is to measure the oxygen in the exhaust, this info is then sent to the ECU where it is matched against the installed map where the mixture is adjusted accordingly. If you have the stock narrow band O2 sensor fitted this will read and adjust the idle mixture only.
When you a Power Commander and Auto Tune fitted you now have a "Wide Band" sensor, which measures right across the rev range and adjusts the mixture accordingly across the whole range.

After posting my last post I went back to work and was thinking "Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here"
You (Daino) say you don't need to re-tune, well perhaps you are correct.
You would only have to alter the tuning if the engine is moving more air, an altered map would add more fuel to match the extra air that is being moved, thus the tuning would be correct.

SO if your "slip on muffler" does not need re-tuning, then that says it's not moving more air.
If it's not moving any more air then there is NO IMROVEMENT in performance !
Why would any one buy something that doesn't add some performance ?

You're not a "Snake Oil" salesman are you ? 31HP gain with filters and a muffler ? I don't think so.

Back