I had State Farm Auto insurance several years ago.
I was rear ended in my car by a young lady with no insurance, which hurt my back and caused me to miss some work.
Since I had uninsured motorist coverage I thought I'd be ok.

I ended up having to hire an attorney to sue my own insurance company to get them to pay out for my back, and lost wages, I spent 10 hours getting deposed by my own insurance company.

In the end the attorney I hired got 30% of what they paid out and I canceled State Farm the next day.

Dang! That's getting REAR ENDED twice....sorry that happened. Hope you were compensated fairly and you fully recovered.

Cheers...Greg

Quite a few years back I had the pleasure of sticking it to State Farm.

We were renting Vipers on race tracks around the country. I had just bought a two year old GTS and our in our first outing at Mid Ohio I had rented it to a gentleman who was insured by State Farm. We did our homework in crafting our rental agreements. The gentleman in question put my new Viper into the wall and totaled it. We had reviewed his State Farm policy prior to renting him the car and I, in consultation with our lawyer, was pretty confident we were covered.

State Farm of course immediately denied his claim. As he was on the hook if they didn't pay, he pursued the case. After verifying that he was covered for rental cars, and reviewing the rental agreement he had signed with us, they reluctantly made me an offer, something like 50K. I was ready for that and having done the research I presented them with recent sales of the same vehicle in several parts of the company. At the end of the day, they wrote me a check for $75,000.

I believe our renter subsequently had to find a new insurance company.

GPMAZ....that's quite the lawyer you have....As I understand it; the prime directive of any Insurance companies is to deny claims by any means necessary. Legal or illegal...Glad that worked out for you....Bet you are on State Farms "no drive list"...LOL:roll:

I too am a former Progressive customer. In my case, I've had USAA a long time, and then they stopped insuring motorcycles -- they would keep the grandfathered ones -- but as I sold them, I had to go elsewhere. Progressive was o.k. until I got the bill one day, and what had been $600 became $2,000. It took me a while to find anyone who could tell me what was going on, and it turned out they had reclassified my vanilla, anemic straight up cruiser Honda CTX700D with an automatic transmission and ABS, as a sport bike. I called GEICO, and they were quoting the CTX at the previous rate, so I switched all my vehicles to them, dropping Progressive like a hot potato.

Ditto on shopping around, and it's a real shame we have to hire lawyers some times.

GPMAZ....that's quite the lawyer you have....As I understand it; the prime directive of any Insurance companies is to deny claims by any means necessary. Legal or illegal...Glad that worked out for you....Bet you are on State Farms "no drive list"...LOL:roll:

It wasn't my insurance, it was the guy who we rented the car to whose insurance had to pay. We structured the rental agreement to look exactly like what everybody signs for Hertz or Avis or whatever. There was no mention of it being used on a race track. There were additional forms to cover our liability for on track situations. State Farm screamed bloody murder about the track issue, but their policy had no provisions denying coverage for rentals used on race tracks. Wouldn't be surprised if they haven't corrected that oversight. :D

I'm in Ontario Canada , slim pickings on who is going to Fork you over for insurance :(

Wait... you're all up in arms over George Soros, but you have no problem with the antichrist brothers? I mean, Koch. My bad.
However, paying 50 cents out of every one of your income tax dollars straight to the war machine would make me a bit annoyed also.
But a civilized nation without proper taxation to run its infrastructure isn't going to be remotely a civilized nation.
And even as it stands, America's infrastructure is 100+ year old garbage, due to taxes going to stuff like killing brown people instead of maintaining roads, bridges and dams.
But yeah, I'm not surprised the Kochs like Hillary, she's basically a war-hawk Republican in all but name.

Sure didn't last very long . . .

Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to not say something when people are spouting total disinformation, but I am trying to not introduce too much reality in the forum and keeping it purely to bikes. I'd go back and delete it but not much point now that it's been quoted, but let's just let it go as is or this gets moved by the admins.

I'm in Ontario Canada , slim pickings on who is going to Fork you over for insurance :(
True enough, and some won't touch 2300cc, I dropped TD, went through Riders Plus, they are using Echelon, some others in Ontario have got better elsewhere, its pretty inconsistent , shop around, good luck.:banghead: I thought I saw on a Previous thread you were in Stittsville, it's part of Ottawa, use it. When we moved to Kemptville, they tried to raise our insurance because we are in a rural area now, I argued that when we ride, they first thing we do is GET AWAY from the city where there are more vehicles to pose a danger.

Sigh.. I'm with state farm. I've got 2 bikes. I dont get a renewal till October or so, but I am already lubing up to see the huge increase in rates. Time to go shopping soon. I absolutely hate Ontario insurance, it's one of my biggest monthly expenses behind rent.

It wasn't my insurance, it was the guy who we rented the car to whose insurance had to pay. We structured the rental agreement to look exactly like what everybody signs for Hertz or Avis or whatever. There was no mention of it being used on a race track. There were additional forms to cover our liability for on track situations. State Farm screamed bloody murder about the track issue, but their policy had no provisions denying coverage for rentals used on race tracks. Wouldn't be surprised if they haven't corrected that oversight. :D
HEY that sounds like you took advantage of an oversight on their part I wouldnt think anyone would insure a car used on a racetrack

Back