What a state new rocket ?

It might just be me but I'm attracted to the 'smaller' 2020 Rocket because i'm 5'9" and around 185 lbs. Riding my 2014 Rocket is a blast but it takes a little effort to throw it around in the twisties and even backing into my garage at a slight incline can be a task. The idea of having a bike that's almost 100 lbs lighter and may fit me better is appealing to me. Like Stollydriver said about Steel because of his stature he will definitely appear large on the smaller 2020 Rocket. I'm smaller so I would fit the 2020 Rocket bike better than my 2014. I guess it just seems like it would be a better fit for average to shorter guys. If it has the same power or even more power then it's a win win.

It might just be me but I'm attracted to the 'smaller' 2020 Rocket because i'm 5'9" and around 185 lbs. Riding my 2014 Rocket is a blast but it takes a little effort to throw it around in the twisties and even backing into my garage at a slight incline can be a task. The idea of having a bike that's almost 100 lbs lighter and may fit me better is appealing to me. Like Stollydriver said about Steel because of his stature he will definitely appear large on the smaller 2020 Rocket. I'm smaller so I would fit the 2020 Rocket bike better than my 2014. I guess it just seems like it would be a better fit for average to shorter guys. If it has the same power or even more power then it's a win win.
He actually appears large in a dodge 2500

...i'm thinking its not too much 'smaller'...it is shorter by 8 or 9 inches and the fuel tank is not as big. The weight difference comes from the frame change. It would be interesting seeing the old and the new side by side i guess.
From the web I've read that the 2020 Rocket has a wheelbase of 66" compared to 66.7" for the first gen bikes. If this is correct then the size will be similar.

I like the fact that Triumph is trying new ideas with the Rocket. They took the Bonneville 1200 engine and made the complete Bonny line which was very traditional then made the Bobber which was forward thinking for the hipster crowd and very successful when launched. I hope they take the new Rocket engine/model and create a more traditional one for many of us that like a rear fender.

I'd like to see a hard bagger with a fairing for long distances to go with these 2 daily commuters they've created.

Back