BusaStu

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
State Farm called this week with a line of BS about a new insurance group they made up , so if you have a BMW or Harley or a Triumph they are now a speciality motorcycle and jumped my insurance 130.00 a year . Getting real sick of the Motorcycle Insurance scam for 5-6 months of riding in Ontario

The problem is that (in the States especially) if you don't have sufficient insurance, you can literally destroy your entire life with a motorcycle crash, even if it wasn't your fault. If someone without insurance plows into you (in Mississippi, for example, that would be one motorist out of every four....) and you don't have un/underinsured coverage enough, you can be on the hook personally for six figures of medical and other things.

But yeah, shopping around is wise. I get a really good rate over here since my bike is a heavy cruiser. Apparently they don't look much at hp-to-weight or torque-to-weight... :D

But still, read this and ponder what you have vs what you need.

http://faq.ninja250.org/images/b/b0/Insurance_options.pdf

I would say find another less expensive company and come back to State farm with the other's quote and ask if they simply do not want you as a customer or if they are going to drop their BS...

I had State Farm for many years for everything and finally dumped them. I now have Geico and they are way, way more together and not quite half as expensive!

In the last 12 months, I've been involved into separate accidents with at-fault folks who had State Farm.

The 2nd accident was minor, an older sedan used my tow hitch to punch a hole in their car :p State Farm pushed the limit on my patience, but after several weeks they finally agreed to replace the entire rear bumper.

The 1st accident happened last year, a younger fellow ran a stop sign and I was hurt (am ok now). State Farm has been amazingly difficult, turned it over to lawyers to resolve.

I think State Farm does a good job of managing expenses/costs, but if you're insured with them and at-fault in an accident it seems that you would run a greater chance of incurring expenses and experiencing time away from work/family :unsure:

I insure 6 bikes, with full coverage and collision for under $600 through Progressive, give them a try.

I had 3 Cars, a homeowners and a Personal liability Umbrella Policy(for our Dutch Shepherd Personal Protection Dog) with Liberty Mutual which was smoking GEICO and etc and when I went to add the Rocket...They said they would not cover it as it was over 1800cc.

I called Progressive and with MAX coverage(need that for a Umbrella Policy) and my annual rate is 327/yr.

YMMV but if you do not want to move your entire coverage package.....Try progressive...They have annoying commercials but great rates....And that 327 was with a pretty big GTO speeding ticket included.

Cheers..... G

I would say find another less expensive company and come back to State farm with the other's quote and ask if they simply do not want you as a customer or if they are going to drop their BS...

The problem with that is, the rates & rate increases are set by State Farm; The company. Not State Farm; The agent. If you go to your agent with that tactic, he/she has no control over giving you, one individual, a lesser rate. And State Farm; The company is not going to do that for any one customer of any one agent. BTW, Rates n changes are set by states .
Like Croft said... shop the companys, they are ALL going to fork you, so go with the one that gives the best rates to you.

Also,to respond to what Webmaster said, the best way to handle dealing with an adjuster is not always by threatening with a lawyer, they dont care. (Not saying lawyers are not necessay, sometimes they are. But you can get things turned your way without hiring a lawyer sometimes). Tell them you will get the state board of insurance involved then follow through with that.
Another way is tell them your done with them & want to speak with their manager. Then if still no satisfaction, climb the ladder to the manager next higher up. Go as high up as needed. The higher up you get to the HMFIC the closer you get to satisfaction because the HMFIC's in the ivory tower NEVER want to have to talk to anyone!
Ive been battling these corporate mafia criminals for the last 20 years..........:banghead:

Hey Greg - do you know Progressive is owned by your friend George Soros............. why you think they named it "Progressive Insurance" ??????????;)

Back