48 State Route Review

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
Calling all Captains...as most of your know Dave (@ROCKETHEAD ) and I will be leaving shortly on a 48 state veterans memorial charity ride. I have tried to attach the GPX file to this post, but it may or may not work. If you guys could review the route and post comments about any potential traffic hang ups, bad road construction or any other hazards you can think of that may be in your area I would greatly appreciate it. If you want more information on the ride you can find it here

2017 Veterans Memorial Ride

Yeah...it shows up for me, but when you click on it it goes to some funky text only deal. I obviously need help here...

@webmaster @Joesmoe Can you guys tell me how to get our route to these guys so they can review for hazards other than individual emails?

Thanks

Morris, what day will you guys be riding through Maryland, DC and Virginia? We do have some construction in some areas.

By my calculations the 13th day will fall on 22 September correct? If that is correct then I will head to Richmond and will finish this off with you. Maybe I can see if I can drum up anyone from down at Whiteman AFB to head up with me on this if you don't mind some vets grabbing at your back wheel!

We will update the website listed above on a daily basis with a blog post about the day, pix and a Spotwalla map so you guys can track us as we go along. What I was really looking for was some local knowledge regarding traffic, construction or any other road hazards you might be aware of. I've ridden with quite a few of ya'll and trust your knowledge...just trying to access it. Other than posting on here or sending out individual emails I'm not sure how to get it to you guys though. Maybe the folks that provide our adult supervision will chime in and let me know if there is a better way

The file attached by @R3Tex is a GPX file extension is XML format -- an open format, so there are number of programs that can open it -- but you must have one of those programs on the device on which the file is saved, to wit:

GPX format and files

On that list, Google Earth is the most common for desk tops. Someone more knowledgeable may know what works better on smart phones.

Back