Stainless recovery bottle setup for under $100

So, I'm thinking about going this route as well. I already have my recovery bottle re-located in the old airbox under the seat, but want to free up that space. My only problem now is do I want to use a 3"x10" bottle like the one used by the OP and in his pics or go with a smaller bottle like a 2"x10". I did a little measuring and the stock bottle filled to the MAX line held @ 11 oz. The entire stock bottle filled all the way up to the cap was @ 22oz. Now, it doesn't hurt to have a larger tank, but is it really needed? The 2"x 10" bottle is supposed to hold 14 oz. and the 3"x10" bottle says it holds 32oz. Either will work, so looks like it's up to personal preference. Everything on the bike is BIG, so the big bottle would definitely fit in w/ the overall look of the bike, but I'm thinking the skinnier bottle will blend in just as well and may help with those needing the extra space...

So, I'm thinking about going this route as well. I already have my recovery bottle re-located in the old airbox under the seat, but want to free up that space. My only problem now is do I want to use a 3"x10" bottle like the one used by the OP and in his pics or go with a smaller bottle like a 2"x10". I did a little measuring and the stock bottle filled to the MAX line held @ 11 oz. The entire stock bottle filled all the way up to the cap was @ 22oz. Now, it doesn't hurt to have a larger tank, but is it really needed? The 2"x 10" bottle is supposed to hold 14 oz. and the 3"x10" bottle says it holds 32oz. Either will work, so looks like it's up to personal preference. Everything on the bike is BIG, so the big bottle would definitely fit in w/ the overall look of the bike, but I'm thinking the skinnier bottle will blend in just as well and may help with those needing the extra space...
I’m pretty sure the 2x10 will suffice and was tossing up between a the two but ended up going the 3x10 just to be sure, I’m glad I did because I love the look but sure the 2x10 would look just fine also.

cherrs Schem

How about a case of cam cover gaskets?
I only have one in a late series head gasket kit I dug out last w/e. But with your super old new rocker cover you will never need one again. ;) 😁:cool:
I was surprised to see the 'old' style was still available on Black rocker covers unless it has been re-painted.

I only have one in a late series head gasket kit I dug out last w/e. But with your super old new rocker cover you will never need one again. ;) 😁:cool:
I was surprised to see the 'old' style was still available on Black rocker covers unless it has been re-painted.
Doesn’t appear to have been repainted. All the 2005-2007 covers I seen listed were black except 1 and that one was Chromed

I went with 3x9 short and fat like me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’m pretty sure the 2x10 will suffice and was tossing up between a the two but ended up going the 3x10 just to be sure, I’m glad I did because I love the look but sure the 2x10 would look just fine also.

cherrs Schem
I have one like yours and may use these alloy 'P' clamps I use for h'way pegs. I have 1.5" Fehling bars on at the moment, and they come in 1.25" and 1.5" sizes in Black and Chrome/Silver Alloy. If you look on eBay you can find them as low as US$25 delivered.

1602541072627.png
1602541096993.png

I have one like yours and may use these alloy 'P' clamps I use for h'way pegs. I have 1.5" Fehling bars on at the moment, and they come in 1.25" and 1.5" sizes in Black and Chrome/Silver Alloy. If you look on eBay you can find them as low as US$25 delivered.

1602541072627.png
1602541096993.png
I did look at those, quite a few times in fact but didn’t want to have to pack out the void where the peg would normally sit, the ones I got do 1.5” & 1.25” With a rubber bush and come in silver or black but not chrome

there are quite a few different options, I think it just comes down to what each of us like personally

Back