Speedo swap ,does it fit

That is possible that it's a 2006 model. But my speedo was two tone originally. But as they are no longer on stock. I bought a black version, I hope that it will directly fit
If the connector plug is different the pins can still move from one plug case to the other ( if you do not have the tools to release the pins from the connector, use a long needle to depress the little retaining tongues).

Make sure you get the pins correct and disconnect and best remove your battery before or you could blow your very expensive speedo and or ECU with an accidental earth or power while fitting.

I will check the Pins before installation. I have everything off now,because major maintenance and repainting

I will check the Pins before installation. I have everything off now,because major maintenance and repainting
So how did it go with the later black face speedo replacing the original two tone face version. These are both pre ABS but the two tone early version had a different connector plug but could be wired to the later black face pre ABS unit in use up to the Rocket Roadetr witrh ABS came out.

This is relevant to @phar2slo who is chasing an early two tone for a mate in NZ.

I have Kmh only spares of the later black face Rocket III pre ABS instruments (used), and later Rocket III Roadster ABS (new); and both mph R3Touring pre ABS 2008-2012 and ABS 2013 o ones too. One R3T is new, one used.

Two tone

lj0617-284047_5@2x.jpg

Black face
1671285807088.png

Roadster ABS
Triumph-Rocket-III-Roadster_17_01.jpg

So how did it go with the later black face speedo replacing the original two tone face version. These are both pre ABS but the two tone early version had a different connector plug but could be wired to the later black face pre ABS unit in use up to the Rocket Roadetr witrh ABS came out.

This is relevant to @phar2slo who is chasing an early two tone for a mate in NZ.

I have Kmh only spares of the later black face Rocket III pre ABS instruments (used), and later Rocket III Roadster ABS (new); and both mph R3Touring pre ABS 2008-2012 and ABS 2013 o ones too. One R3T is new, one used.
Everything went well, the speedo works perfectly.

Hi Ishrub,
Have you still got Rocket III pre ABS speedo?

Attaching a couple pictures of my latest GPS Speedo/odometer. The first one I installed back in January is larger than my other gauges so I put it in the air filter box under the seat. Then I recently came across this small gauge and it was easy to install using Velcro to attach it on top of my other gauges. It was hard to read in daylight so I put a hood over the upper half of the gauge.

The gauge under the seat works well but it does not have the ability to adjust the starting mileage on the odometer. The new gauge has that ability and reflects the actual mileage on the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_5564.jpeg
    IMG_5564.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5573.jpeg
    IMG_5573.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back