slipping out of 2nd and 3rd into neutral

clutchtool.png

Hello Jwjhoover and welcome from Virginia. Love your Canadian accent in that tear down video, reminds me of mates a little further south of Canada though...

Boys boys boys ... bunch of amateurs really ... a **** off big screwdriver wedged at just the right angle through the inner and outer plus a rattle gun on full reverse...your welcome :thumbsup:

...did i mention my lastest mechanical issue is a broken pressure plate bolt? Completely unrelated to the above :roll::roll::roll:
If your talking the clutch spring bolts turn her over get the tap drill and watch as you drill her from the back as the broken bolt will probably spin right out. Seen it happen to a few so far everone has been lucky.

Oh and as for riding one around for a while skipping 2nd gear . I did it at Triumph recommendation until the weather turned to slop. It did screw with my 1/4 mile times but held up fine until winter came.

Last edited:
I'm also having intermittent problems starting:

No problems with power, key turns on accessory lights, etc. Kill switch works normally.

Push the start button, nothing happens.

I can get it to turn over after "fiddling with it" meaning turning the key off and on, or the kill switch off and on, dropping and lifting the kickstand and however I cannot be certain that any of these things is what is "fixing" the problem. I suspect this might be because I rock the bike back and forth while "fiddling", so it's possible that it's a loose contact, or a problem sensor.

Thoughts??
'Whilst holding the starter button, slowly release the clutch...see what happens. (Bike in neutral, kickstand down)

If your talking the clutch spring bolts turn her over get the tap drill and watch as you drill her from the back as the broken bolt will probably spin right out. Seen it happen to a few so far everone has been lucky.

Oh and as for riding one around for a while skipping 2nd gear . I did it at Triumph recommendation until the weather turned to slop. It did screw with my 1/4 mile times but held up fine until winter came.

Yep she came out nice and easy - been waiting 6 weeks for new bolts to be delivered :mad:

Back