slipping out of 2nd and 3rd into neutral

Nah ! we're quite modern here in NZ Fred, we have lasers :D

$1000 ? US$ or NZ$ ?

What would you pay for one of these ?

I'm fortunate to already have one. Not sure what they cost from Triumph. I've never looked to see if anyone else makes them. That one looks like really good. Are you going to make more of them ?

Boys boys boys ... bunch of amateurs really ... a **** off big screwdriver wedged at just the right angle through the inner and outer plus a rattle gun on full reverse...your welcome :thumbsup:

...did i mention my lastest mechanical issue is a broken pressure plate bolt? Completely unrelated to the above :roll::roll::roll:

I've just made these clutch locking tools.

20180823_114901.jpg

Contact me at paul@vikingexhaust.com if you want one.
batman tool.png

I probably only need something that locks a couple cogs. Anyone know what tool accomplishes this, aside from the lucky man with the CNC. Is there a name for such a tool, other than the batman tool, which is what I would have called it.

Throw a rag between the clutch gear and crank shaft gear. No need for the "in gear, hold the rear brake while reaching round the other side of the bike" bullcrap.

Stuff a rag between the inner and basket, use an object through clutch basket opening to hold inner in place.

bobs yer uncle.

EDIT: Always release and tighten the pressure plate bolts holding the springs in using a star pattern evenly and slowly, otherwise you run the risk of cracking the inner hub tower that the bolts thread into.

Throw a rag between the clutch gear and crank shaft gear. No need for the "in gear, hold the rear brake while reaching round the other side of the bike" bullcrap.

Stuff a rag between the inner and basket, use an object through clutch basket opening to hold inner in place.

bobs yer uncle.

EDIT: Always release and tighten the pressure plate bolts holding the springs in using a star pattern evenly and slowly, otherwise you run the risk of cracking the inner hub tower that the bolts thread into.

I wouldn't recommend that Rob, the force excerted with a rag stuffed in there will be trying to force the shafts apart when un-doing/tightening the nut.
Whilst this assembly is very strong, it's the wrong way to do it.

batman tool.png

I probably only need something that locks a couple cogs. Anyone know what tool accomplishes this, aside from the lucky man with the CNC. Is there a name for such a tool, other than the batman tool, which is what I would have called it.

I'm not too sure what you are asking/saying here JW.
This item is laser cut, not CNC Machined.

I wouldn't recommend that Rob, the force excerted with a rag stuffed in there will be trying to force the shafts apart when un-doing/tightening the nut.
Whilst this assembly is very strong, it's the wrong way to do it.

Think about that force, it’s directly loaded into the main bearings for the crank and very robust trans input bearing.

Zero risk.

Certainly it’s not text book but its been done for decades.

Back