Make sure Chrome has updated. On a Windows-based system, the Chrome Help Menu usually as a section that is "About Google Chrome". When you select it, the subsequent screen should check to validate that Chrome is current.

The reason for this is to ensure that Chrome is current. The URL below should help:

How to find version of installed IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
I guess I had regular google, not chrome. Works now with chrome. You IT guys is ssooo smart....smrt I says, thanks.:thumbsup:

I am still unable to access the site thru my phone. Galaxy s5 active. I also tried my wife's Galaxy note 3 with the same results. Also tried using yahoo with no luck. My laptop works fine, but no go on my phones. I don't know what version browser I have, but the phone is only about a year old, surely its not obsolete already. This really stinks as the phone is almost my only access to the site. Let me know if I can help.

I am still unable to access the site thru my phone. Galaxy s5 active. I also tried my wife's Galaxy note 3 with the same results. Also tried using yahoo with no luck. My laptop works fine, but no go on my phones. I don't know what version browser I have, but the phone is only about a year old, surely its not obsolete already. This really stinks as the phone is almost my only access to the site. Let me know if I can help.

We can chat this weekend, but did some checking.

Samsung Android devices are very cool, but Samsung has been criticized by Android purists (like me) for the various changes they have made to the operating system. Have you tried browsing this site on your phone using Google Chrome for Android?

I carry four mobile devices:
  1. Motorola Moto-X 2nd Generation - a device that is roughly 18 months old now. Can still be bought new at low prices, but in a few months no one will want to. This particular model was considered as close to a stock Android phone that one could go without buying a Nexus. It is protected via a premium Lookout software license. This particular model's default browser was Google Chrome out-of-the-box.
  2. Samsung S7 Edge - it's barely a month old, and an amazing device. I replaced the default browswer on the home screen with Google Chrome. The default browser is still on the phone. It's protected by my company's MobileIron license.
  3. Apple iPad LTE - It is roughly 14 months old, and is also protected by my company's MobileIron license. I use the default Safari browser.
  4. Nexus 7 LTE (2013 version) - This one is 98% Android Pure, the LTE portion keeps me from getting the latest Android updates as quickly as the WiFi-only devices; but it's running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and protected by my premium Lookout license. The only browser worth running on this device is the default Google Chrome, and it is auto-updated frequently.

All four devices work on this site. I don't use custom search engine apps, alternative browsers, or "convenience-ware". Android is my preferred device, but Apple alternatives do tend to be updated more consistently.

This info isn't meant to be negative, but to frame-up the path we will take when we discuss. Your devices should work, but will likely require an update and a review of the apps you're running. If you opened a new Galaxy S3 or S4, and didn't update, it would likely not be able to view this site. When those devices were released, the HTTP/2 standard wasn't fully completed. The SPDY error usually means that the browser is looking for a proposed SPDY standard that no longer exists.

If you aren't aware of Lookout, there is a free version that will scan your phone: Mobile Security | Lookout, Inc.

Send me a private conversation with your contact info and I'll call.

For your viewing pleasure:

Can a phone be hacked? Watch Lookout on 60 Minutes | Lookout Blog

We can chat this weekend, but did some checking.

Samsung Android devices are very cool, but Samsung has been criticized by Android purists (like me) for the various changes they have made to the operating system. Have you tried browsing this site on your phone using Google Chrome for Android?

I carry four mobile devices:
  1. Motorola Moto-X 2nd Generation - a device that is roughly 18 months old now. Can still be bought new at low prices, but in a few months no one will want to. This particular model was considered as close to a stock Android phone that one could go without buying a Nexus. It is protected via a premium Lookout software license. This particular model's default browser was Google Chrome out-of-the-box.
  2. Samsung S7 Edge - it's barely a month old, and an amazing device. I replaced the default browswer on the home screen with Google Chrome. The default browser is still on the phone. It's protected by my company's MobileIron license.
  3. Apple iPad LTE - It is roughly 14 months old, and is also protected by my company's MobileIron license. I use the default Safari browser.
  4. Nexus 7 LTE (2013 version) - This one is 98% Android Pure, the LTE portion keeps me from getting the latest Android updates as quickly as the WiFi-only devices; but it's running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and protected by my premium Lookout license. The only browser worth running on this device is the default Google Chrome, and it is auto-updated frequently.

All four devices work on this site. I don't use custom search engine apps, alternative browsers, or "convenience-ware". Android is my preferred device, but Apple alternatives do tend to be updated more consistently.

This info isn't meant to be negative, but to frame-up the path we will take when we discuss. Your devices should work, but will likely require an update and a review of the apps you're running. If you opened a new Galaxy S3 or S4, and didn't update, it would likely not be able to view this site. When those devices were released, the HTTP/2 standard wasn't fully completed. The SPDY error usually means that the browser is looking for a proposed SPDY standard that no longer exists.

If you aren't aware of Lookout, there is a free version that will scan your phone: Mobile Security | Lookout, Inc.

Send me a private conversation with your contact info and I'll call.

For your viewing pleasure:

Can a phone be hacked? Watch Lookout on 60 Minutes | Lookout Blog
You were absolutely correct. I'm not the first to update, because I don't like all the changes.lol I did update the browser and all seems to be working now. Thanks for reminding me to update.

Back