Internet Explorer and site compatibility

rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
I tried to get on the site with my laptop with internet explorer and it kept coming up error trying to load the web site
Has anyone else had this problem

I know some IE are deprecated and unsecure. And iirc Shaun did post about this a while back.

FOUND IT

This is a bit technical, but some changes to this site's SSL config is going to break this list of Browser/Computer Combinations:

IE 11 / Win 7
IE 11 / Win 8.1
IE 11 / Win Phone 8.1
IE 11 / Win Phone 8.1
Safari 6 / iOS 6.0.1
Safari 7 / iOS 7.1
Safari 7 / OS X 10.9
Safari 8 / iOS 8.4
Safari 8 / OS X 10.10

God Help anyone still using a Windows Phone, but users of Windows 7 or Vista are going to think this site is down or broken unless they are using Firefox or something similar.

_______

I will add - If you're still on Win7 - M-Soft and pretty much all software suppliers will stop giving any security support for Win7 as of 20th January 2020.

My laptop has windows 8.1 with IE11 all current update
Which is where I also have my tuneecu located
I was trying to get in the site so I could download a tune that vindex1963 had posted that's when I found out that I couldn't
I finally download it on my phone then email it to myself then transfer it to the tuneecu folder

I know some IE are deprecated and unsecure. And iirc Shaun did post about this a while back.

FOUND IT

This is a bit technical, but some changes to this site's SSL config is going to break this list of Browser/Computer Combinations:

IE 11 / Win 7
IE 11 / Win 8.1
IE 11 / Win Phone 8.1
IE 11 / Win Phone 8.1
Safari 6 / iOS 6.0.1
Safari 7 / iOS 7.1
Safari 7 / OS X 10.9
Safari 8 / iOS 8.4
Safari 8 / OS X 10.10

God Help anyone still using a Windows Phone, but users of Windows 7 or Vista are going to think this site is down or broken unless they are using Firefox or something similar.

_______

I will add - If you're still on Win7 - M-Soft and pretty much all software suppliers will stop giving any security support for Win7 as of 20th January 2020.
My Vista works great on this site using google chrome that is not able to update anymore. :(

Gotta luv Linux. -

The next version of Microsoft's browser "Edge" will basically be Google Chrome.

IM(professional)E - IE11 is now getting VERY flakey.

Both Firefox and Chrome don't work right for me on this site, some kind of bug having to do with autocomplete, I think, if you mistype something and go back to change it, the cursor jumps ahead s word or randomly erases words for no reason. It was suggested to switch from Firefox to Chrome, same problem.

I'm trying to keep up with all this tech and IT stuff :confused::confused::confused: and have tried to go back to Basics with my Dad's spare interface but in this binary digital age of '1's and '0's the fecking Dashes are killing my keying finger's tendonitis!

Roll on the Qbit revolution to at least partially restore Dot's rights! ;):D:whitstling:

315px-International_Morse_Code.svg.png
upload_2020-1-2_10-24-24.jpeg

I'm trying to keep up with all this tech and IT stuff :confused::confused::confused: and have tried to go back to Basics with my Dad's spare interface but in this binary digital age of '1's and '0's the fecking Dashes are killing my keying finger's tendonitis!

Roll on the Qbit revolution to at least partially restore Dot's rights! ;):D:whitstling:

315px-International_Morse_Code.svg.png
upload_2020-1-2_10-24-24.jpeg

You need an upgrade.

vibroflexbugkey.jpg

Back