dealertool/access your ecu

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
I purchased the dealertool from england it comprise a fancy cable connecting to your ecu with a USB male plug at the other hand and a cd with the files /program to install on the computer . with it you can bleed ABS brakes and other stuff which I have yet to discover.
I managed to download the instruction so the software is on the laptop I have no clues as how I did it but I cannot access the ecu since the program tells me I have a mismatch with com-port anybody would have a plain English way to tell me how to remedy this situation I tried the internet but it is designed for geeks with mumbo jumbo lingo.. what happened is I bled my brakes before connecting this new tool and I have the ABS light on the speedo so presumably I should be able to remove the light !with this "tool" but there is a mismatch of comport!!!
IMG_1791.JPG

Try using a computer using an older version of wimdows. The newer windows versions have issues with using the more obscure peripheral equipment.

Try using a computer using an older version of wimdows. The newer windows versions have issues with using the more obscure peripheral equipment.
my computer uses window 7 this must be considered an older window yet!!! no joy

I have also had that issue with my Win 7 lap top.
So, WTF?

Send the folks at dealertool a email ...... I had to email them about a question before I got everything working. If I remember I had to get a "validation number" from them before the dealertool would work.

Send the folks at dealertool a email ...... I had to email them about a question before I got everything working. If I remember I had to get a "validation number" from them before the dealertool would work.
that was my next move thanks to remind me

never mind this crapola I will figure out something, did check about the cody question ??

I am awaiting a response to the email I sent them.
If you do figure out something regarding the Dealer Tool, let me know.

Why did you get it? TuneECU will do pretty much the same things, only better.

Why did you get it? TuneECU will do pretty much the same things, only better.

The reason I bought it was to bleed out the ABS system in which to do it correctly the ABS solenoids need to be activated to get the old fluid out. I was absolutely amazed when I clicked on the button to activate the solenoids how fast the pedal went soft. TuneECU doesn't offer that option.

Back