Shock Replacement

Looking to replace my stock suspension.
Wife is 180 lbs, I'm 240.
Any opinion whether i should go for the 12.5" standards or HD's ?
Thinking mostly about her comfort. She finds the standards pretty stiff.
:confused:

Just happened to come across this at the Progressive website the other day....

A HEAVY DUTY application is available for this model and is reccommended if motorcycle has additional add-on accessories and/or rider is over 200 lbs and/or passenger use is over 50%. GVW rating not affected.

So I would say yes.

For us we are outside the US it would be nice if someone mentions where to buy the 440 at a reasonable price and have international delivery. Web page is fine.

At least here in Spain, Progressive is only available trough HD dealers, who don´t want to sell to non-HD customers. I went to one dealer and if I stay 1 minute more, they kill me and my bike into fire ! What an agressive people this HD freaks.

Regarding the change, can it be done without any special tools ? My english is not so fluent so I didn´t understand when you say " cherry ... ".

Thank you.

For us we are outside the US it would be nice if someone mentions where to buy the 440 at a reasonable price and have international delivery. Web page is fine.

Hello again Madrock,
I found these international dealers. Here's the link: Link Removed

I'm surprised the HD dealer would turn away business, even if it's not Harley. Sales must be real sweet for them to be selfish with everyone else.

Regarding the change, can it be done without any special tools ? My english is not so fluent so I didn´t understand when you say " cherry ... ".

Your English is very understandable for me. A "cherry picker" is a lift used to remove engines from auto's. To replace the Rockets rear shocks you will need to take the tension off the shocks to remove them. I lifted the frame under the seat with my "cherry picker but anything you can find to lift the Rocket up should work. If you are familiar with one of these:

...you can throw a rope over beam and lift away. The nuts on the shocks are metric so you will need a wrench but I believe the Rockets tool kit may have one that fits.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back