Shifting - recommended revs

You shouldn't really need a tach. I mean it's good to have but not depend on it. Just go by the sound of the engine. Back in the day (here I go) most cars, trucks and motorcycles didn't have tach's. You went by sound and feel. I very seldom look at the tach as I really don't need it. If riding too slow it lugs if you redline it cuts out. Somewhere in between is groovy.:thumbsup:

The noise, the exhilarating noise at higher rpms... finally selling my cbr1000rr and that is what I'm going to miss... that screaming at high rpms... that bike redlines at about 11,000... so, don't shift to early, you are leaving things in your plate if you do.

Hello, I have brand new R3GT.
I would like to ask you, what are recommended revs for shifting. 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc, or, 5 to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2....
I am curious for my break in period and also for normal riding.
Next question is: On which gear do you ride in city? What are usual revs? Before I had Intruder 800 (C50), what is completely different engine. 3000 RPM sounds to me too much ;)
If it possible, please answer in metric units ;)
Thank to all for help and answers

Hello, I have brand new R3GT.
I would like to ask you, what are recommended revs for shifting. 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc, or, 5 to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2....
I am curious for my break in period and also for normal riding.
Next question is: On which gear do you ride in city? What are usual revs? Before I had Intruder 800 (C50), what is completely different engine. 3000 RPM sounds to me too much ;)
If it possible, please answer in metric units ;)
Thank to all for help and answers.
I almost never look at the tach, I just shift when it feels right given the situation.

Back