Shifting - recommended revs

Martin_z_BA

.060 Over
Ride
everywhere
Hello, I have brand new R3GT.
I would like to ask you, what are recommended revs for shifting. 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc, or, 5 to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2....
I am curious for my break in period and also for normal riding.
Next question is: On which gear do you ride in city? What are usual revs? Before I had Intruder 800 (C50), what is completely different engine. 3000 RPM sounds to me too much ;)
If it possible, please answer in metric units ;)
Thank to all for help and answers.

I guess it depends in what city....
small towns? most times I find myself in 2nd gear and looking for an escape...
changing gears? whatever keeps the bike happy, usually between 3000 to 4000rpm.

Like any bike (or car for that matter), just feel how the engine’s reacting at whatever revs/gears it’s in. If it’s juddering at too high a gear and too low revs, either change down or give it more throttle. If it’s screaming it’s nuts off, change up. Simple.

Like any bike (or car for that matter), just feel how the engine’s reacting at whatever revs/gears it’s in. If it’s juddering at too high a gear and too low revs, either change down or give it more throttle. If it’s screaming it’s nuts off, change up. Simple.
as i wrote, i have intruder 800 and it works on much lower revs. also the sound is different. therefore i asked. i am not used to such a sound and such a speed, 3000 seems too much to me... i understand, new bike, new habits, byut is better to ask than destroy the engine.

Back