Running rough in lower revs

PBB

Standard Bore
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3
Hi all,

I’ve picked up a new R3 GT for a project build and am in the process of running it in and getting a feel for the bike before work begins. It’s currently got just under 200 kms on it.

The engine runs somewhat rough in the lower revs, with slight misfiring and unpredictability l. This cleans up from around 3000 revs, although even when warm if I hold it at 3000 in neutral it’s misfiring here and there. Nothing extreme, but noticeable and not what I’d typically expect from a relatively under-stressed engine. Can I ask other members whether this is normal for this engine? My suspicion is that it’s an arrogant of emissions regulations tuning, but I’d appreciate feedback as to whether it might be a niggle with the bike.

Thanks

Hi all,

I’ve picked up a new R3 GT for a project build and am in the process of running it in and getting a feel for the bike before work begins. It’s currently got just under 200 kms on it.

The engine runs somewhat rough in the lower revs, with slight misfiring and unpredictability l. This cleans up from around 3000 revs, although even when warm if I hold it at 3000 in neutral it’s misfiring here and there. Nothing extreme, but noticeable and not what I’d typically expect from a relatively under-stressed engine. Can I ask other members whether this is normal for this engine? My suspicion is that it’s an arrogant of emissions regulations tuning, but I’d appreciate feedback as to whether it might be a niggle with the bike.

Thanks
My 2020 R3GT is the same. Also has some engine ticking at idle especially when it's warmed up. Just had it in for the shift assist addition and asked them to do a "check up" for me. They test rode it and said everything is operating normal and I shouldn't worry about it. Just the nature of the beast I guess. Was hoping I could test ride one for comparison but they didn't have one available.

Hi all,

Thanks
I have the 2021 R and mine is smooth as from idle to 5000 when it falls on its face but thats the way it is from the factory. If yours is missing under load and in neutral from idle to 3000, I would definitely ask questions. I know this wont be the answer, but check your battery terminals as that is a huge issue from the factory. Make sure they're clean and tight. If you have a small camera, try to make a video of you riding it and when its in neutral

It does seem to be becoming smoother, which could either just be a couple of warmer days or more running in. Will keep an ear on it.

Now to get more kms on it before starting the real fun, including a TTS supercharger if I can get road compliance on it here in the land of tight rules for everything.

Back