Is This Normal - Bent Shifter Rod on New R3GT

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
Went to adjust the peg position this afternoon on my new rocket and found the shift linkage bent. Not sure if this is normal, a weakness, or a fluke. I don’t see any other damage that could have caused this such as high centering on a bump or otherwise. Any others have their linkages bent with little to no force?

Seems like an inexpensive part so if it bothers me I can easily replace it rather than drive the 1.5 hours back to the dealer try to force the issue with them.

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Something looks wrong. Was it too long? Looks like it has one of the extra bits on it. Whenever I adjusted my forwards you have the extra pieces under the right side panel to use or store as needed.

Something looks wrong. Was it too long? Looks like it has one of the extra bits on it. Whenever I adjusted my forwards you have the extra pieces under the right side panel to use or store as needed.
It has both extension pieces added to the gearshift rod. I put everything together in order to understand how much was bent on it, and the gearshift rod plus the one extension for the middle position are bent. The second extension is fine because that was stored with the tool kit. Anyway, it’s about $30 to replace, all the bent parts. Just so odd that it got bent.

It has both extension pieces added to the gearshift rod. I put everything together in order to understand how much was bent on it, and the gearshift rod plus the one extension for the middle position are bent. The second extension is fine because that was stored with the tool kit. Anyway, it’s about $30 to replace, all the bent parts. Just so odd that it got bent.
OH, it even looks like the pieces that were bent got hot and annealed. I see your avatar so it makes sense.

Back