Sell my Roadster...?

Discussion in 'Rocket III Roadster' started by Douglas, Jun 12, 2018.

1. 1olbull

1olbullRiding Motor Since 1951

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2012 R3R - 1980 Honda Twinstar - 2018 Yamaha XT250
    The Concourse is a fine motor with great handling!
    If my hips and knees were ergo happy with it, I'd likely own one! :thumbsup:
    You have a terrific ride planned!
    Are you reaching Washington or shooting a hypotenuse toward Alaska?

2. Douglas

Douglas"Ardbeg Man"

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
    I loved my Concours even though it was the older, first generation with the "Briefcase" saddlebags...it was a terrific engine but like you I found the riding position too "Sport" for my hips. The Valkyrie I bought down there to replace is much more comfortable. Am not sure where I will be entering Canada to get on the ALCAN...I know my buddy wants to see the redwoods in N Calif. and also wants to take the Cassiar highway....all I know is we **** well better get past Whitehorse before the snow flys!!! I dont mind riding in the cold but snow is where i draw the line! I am hoping to ride the Rocket to the states in 2019 for RAA to finally meet some other Rocket Riders...Doug

3. 1olbull

1olbullRiding Motor Since 1951

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2012 R3R - 1980 Honda Twinstar - 2018 Yamaha XT250
    Well, Doug,
    I be in Tacoma, WA. If you get near, just let me know.
    Redwoods be cool, but not on the freeway.
    Ever like some route suggestions. lety me know.

4. 9Ball

9BallSupercharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket 3 Standard
    Tell me about your Valkyrie. Mine is a ‘99 standard two-tone yellow/ivory which just turned 20 years old (built 5/98) and I’ve owned it since new. I’ve ridden it in 26 states so far and coast to coast.

I was thinking of selling it but my Wife wouldn’t let me. She rides a VTX1300S and wants a new 2018 GoldWing but they’re going for $25-28k new.

5. sonny

sonnyLiving Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    rocket three x
    I'll stick by the X. Suits me to a tee and not talking about golfing either:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

6. Tal

TalTop Fuel

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2016 Triumph Rocket Roadster ABS A2
    A Thruxton??, or maybe a speed triple??...ummmm...or maybe a cafe racer...dunno???

78e3a2afd406a306717af4b8db6dd4a3.jpg 150a013ce6b9b6c1e8fe569dd5e3e0b9.jpg c0a6b0e6e5d513ca02169d4d3debb272.jpg

Joesmoe and Boog like this.
  7. Ishrub

IshrubRetired and loving it!

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    R3 Roadster,Sprint ST 1050 ABS, BMW R100RS sidecar
    I would be a real happy pillion on that cafe racer if it came with the same chaffeur!;):D:D

8. Taz

Taz.020 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
    Sort of interesting to read this thread. I was looking for an R3 (had always wanted one since they came out) and was going to buy one from a guy near NYC. Before I could get to it to take a final look, he sold it. As luck would have it I happened to run across a Ducati XDiavel S at a price I couldn't pass up so picked it up instead. On the way home from picking up the XDiavel found a R3 Roadster that needed a new home and ended up buying it.

It is sort of strange but the are very complimentary in their own way. I was thinking that I'd ride them both for a while and maybe have a clear favorite but so far I really appreciate them both in their own ways. Absolutely love all the low end torque of that big triple though. I can't wait to get an exhaust for it and let the sound track not be quite so muted. I don't won't HD loud but a bit more than what it is stock would be nice.

As for the Connie I've had pretty much every version starting with 1986 until the 2014 models. Really liked the bikes a lot. A lot of bang for the buck and very easy to unlock more HP. Finally got off the Concours train and bought K1600GT. It has one of the few soundtracks that I like better than the triples.

Absolutely love all the choices we have in motorcycles now. A really great time to be a rider! Just when I think it can't get any better I look at all the cool and crazy mods like a turbo or supercharger for the Rocket. I keep think I could just send the Rocket to Carpenter and have a really crazy fun ride when they were done with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice