Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
NOT ON YOUR LIFE!! I thought I would provide an update on my Rocket issues for those interested in such topics, and to let @DEcosse know again how much I appreciate the help he and others provided. The title of my thread comes from the attitude and response of a few locals (the service manager actually told me that if they got it running I should sell it!) after I got it running...my response was always the same..."You must be joking!"

After a few weeks of the dealer coming up short I was ready to bring the big girl home and gather some inspiration from the forum with an attempt at a home repair, but instead did something a bit crazy. I had been wanting a second bike in the stable for a while as I know the Rocket can be finicky so I bought a 2016 Ducati x diavel s....with forward controls it fits me well and has been a blast to ride...not the same torque as the Rocket of course, but the high end is right up there. 1500 miles on it, the first owner traded it in for a Beemer. The Rocket came back about 2 weeks later and I have about 50 successful starts on her...what scares me of course is that they dont know what was wrong with it or what they fixed!! -Doug

Took a day of from work just to fix the Rocket. Nailed it. Running like a top. Rode the Ducati X diavil S. Nice bike but just a bit small. Not impressed with it all. Number 74 with a good tune and ramair along with Paul's exhaust tears them up. 41,000 miles and never seen a dealer. She is a %itch but i can deal with it. ;);););););););););)

Took a day of from work just to fix the Rocket. Nailed it. Running like a top. Rode the Ducati X diavil S. Nice bike but just a bit small. Not impressed with it all. Number 74 with a good tune and ramair along with Paul's exhaust tears them up. 41,000 miles and never seen a dealer. She is a %itch but i can deal with it. ;);););););););););)
oh I totally agree the Ducati is NO roadster and I love my Rocket...But I am enjoying this Diavel...I am 5 11 and about 220 lbs and it seems to fit me ok...

To each his own IMG_0507.JPG

Motors are even better than fine women!
Variety is the spice!
. . . . . and you won't get a frying pan in the noggin' while asleep for riding more than one motor!!!

Yeah but bring more than one (or three or more if your brave) home to stay and the reaction can be similar! ;):D

Yeah but bring more than one (or three or more if your brave) home to stay and the reaction can be similar! ;):D

I have done both.
My three motorcycles were no problema compared to the other!

I have done both.
My three motorcycles were no problema compared to the other!
I am now up to three motorcycles as well...I sold my Concours. Now have 2010 Rocket Roadster, 2016 Ducati X Diavel S, and a 1999 Honda Valkyrie. I retire on August 1st after 22 years as a Librarian and immediately hop on a plane for a one-way trip to NH to pick up the Valkyrie and ride it back to Alaska...pretty stoked about this trip. I am meeting a friend in Wisconsin and he is joining me for the ride north.

Am working on a scheme to get all 3 motorcycles and my truck into my 2 car garage this winter! (actually 4, as i rent a room to a guy with a Suzuki adventure bike) Doug

Hummm, all those different breeds, all huddled up in a cold garage in Alaska. Leave the lights turned off, and no telling what you might find come summer! Ha!:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Back