Scratching my head & what ever else might work

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I want to run the Tune ECU to check my fan & at what temp it is going to start. After a hot ride yesterday I suspect that it did not come on.
Tonight I tried two different laptops both with Tune ECU 2.5.5 installed. Bike batt. has 12.88 VDC and a back up car batt is just under 13vdc. I had the computers hard wired to 110 AC , and both of them are in good shaper.
The cable to the bike was used once in Feb , got it from Amazon,, then put in a sealed plastic bag, in a drawer. When the program starts I get the red blinking light. Then say no connection. Try ignition on/off , check cables. Cleaned all cable connections.
I have tried everything I can think of.

Try turning on the ignition before opening the program on the computer if you haven't tried that yet. Also I have a problem with my tune boy cable sometimes. If I plug it into the bike, then start to unplug it just a little, it works fine.

and make sure your kill switch is not in the off position

I understand also that the cable itself can be finicky, as in it has to be a specific type with a specific FTDi chipset in it (the cable isn't just a cable, it's an interface computer that talks both to the bike and the computer, essentially.)

Did you install the driver for the cable on these computers as well? I think your best shot at success is to install the cable drivers (FTDi drivers) first, then plug in the cables to have the computer recognize them. Once that is done, try starting up TuneECU and connecting up.

Back