Saddlebag support brackets

The Kiwi

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Classic
Help!!

I have done the usual searches on this site and others, and have wound up a little confused!! Doesn't take much these days!!!!

I have bought some throw-over Saddle bags and they fit beautifully under the seat bracket, but I need a set of brackets to hold the bags clear of the shocks, etc. I found someone selling brackets on Ebay, but he shows 2 very different brackets lists them as both being for TR3, and.... wants more for postage than he does for the product. Go figure!!

Any help appreciated, thank you,
Mal the Kiwi.

hey Mal, not sure if this helps you or not but I made up some "temporary" brackets for Amanda's Virago bags out of a couple to 'T' pieces I bought from Bunnings and sprayed black (and ground the corners off). Bolted them upside down and the 'T' piece sits just bellow the middle of each bag. Cost less than $20 (including $13 for the spray paint). Naturally you'll need something bigger - maybe 2 'L's on each side or an 'L' and a 'T' depending where the bolts can go - but could be an interim solution while you look around.

Richard,

Thanks for that, I'll have a rat round at Bunnings and see what I can find. I'll have to Renege on our visit to Hans tomorrow, I have a medical appt. But we'll get there soon, the weather can only improve.... I hope!!

Cheers,
Mal.

Looking for a similar set for a Classic so I figured I'd jump in on this thread rather than start another. Found one set but they were $230 :eek:

Edit...

Just found these but cannot for the life of me figure out how they mount. Any ideas?

Cheers

Jthree

I can put you onto a pair of genuine Triumph bags with the brackets and fitting kit to suit a Rocket. I think for about $300, in Melbourne, if that helps.

Thanks Motolink,

I have the bags, just need some support brackets, Going to town today to get measured up for a custom built pair.

Watch this space!!

Cheers,
The Kiwi.
i know exactly what you need, let me get home and i will get tou a phone number, i bought some last year.:)

918 743 6552
the kinnetic playground
located in Tulsa,
search them online

As you can see they are made very good, heavy duty, i have soft bags now but i also have a set of leather bags that i use:)

:)

Back