Rumble Road stereo

I do the ipod deal as well Paul, but I am ready to racthet it up a notch. Pig where did you get your set up? Most of the guys I ride with subscribe to Flip's philosophy. But there are just days I need a little Van Morrison or the Boss and then to be able to talk to my rider or other biker's on a trip would be great! Oh wait a minute, I am posting this on my palm pilot while driving with my knees cause I am also smoking a cig and drinking coffee and now my cell phone just went off...it's probably Pianoman wanting to know where the closest Sophora store is located because that's where we get our Bare Essentials makeup...gotta go.:eek:

Pioneer Inno

FYI: I have really gotten great use out of the Pioneer Inno. It is both an MP3 player and XM radio. Nice to have it all in one unit and very easy to operate.

Raymond....... As long as they don't hurt animals in the testing of their product , I'm in. Oh, I found the greatest little Rosemary/Mint soap at Aveda the other day! Thought you'd like to know

Last edited:
I do the ipod deal as well Paul, but I am ready to racthet it up a notch. Pig where did you get your set up? Most of the guys I ride with subscribe to Flip's philosophy. But there are just days I need a little Van Morrison or the Boss and then to be able to talk to my rider or other biker's on a trip would be great! Oh wait a minute, I am posting this on my palm pilot while driving with my knees cause I am also smoking a cig and drinking coffee and now my cell phone just went off...it's probably Pianoman wanting to know where the closest Sophora store is located because that's where we get our Bare Essentials makeup...gotta go.:eek:

I think he said he has an autocom ... I have a similar unit by another Brit company - Starcomm ... I have the Starcomm 1 Advance ... it works well, but so far I am just feeding in a AM/FM walkman type radio and using it to talk to the passenger ... I have tested it with a cell phone and it works, but I don't hook up the cell (just don't care to) ... it is capable of CB, FRS or similar bike to bike input as well as radar detector or GPS input ... whole thing is about the size of a pack of cigs ... just moved it from the Victory to the Rocket (velcro-ed it in the space under the seat behind the battery (once you get the settings tweaked in , you don't need to adjust it) CalSportTouring's web site generally has about the best price for the US market.

My biggest complaint is the small mini-din connectors for the headsets ... have to fumble with them a bit to line up and plug in ... sometimes wish I had went with the Intaride (SP? - a Canadian brand) -- I tried it at a trade show, I don't think it is as good a quality as the Autocom or Starcomm but it uses stereo type large phone plugs (similar to a pilot's communication headset) that are easy to plug in.

I have been looking at the mp3 players ... but have also been considering a GPS, and some models of GPS have mp3 playback capability --- now if they weren't so expensive ...
Chuck

I bought mine at Engles. They had a special last year when they introduced the new line. I have the Super Pro AVI. You can plug anything imaginable into it bluetooth capable phones included. Like everything else the main unit is so-so priced but they get you with the accessories. The rider to passenger communication is great, voice activated feature works very well once properly adjusted. If you have music going, it will cut the volume while you talk, then resume when done. I would like to eventually go bluetooth with the helmet and I think by next year there will be more options available. I mounted the module under the seat and powered it using the heated grips plug for power. It does everything they claim on the site. Very impressive for the money. The only thing that doesn't work great with it is a handheld CB. You would probably need an antenna hard mounted and a separate console type unit to get out.

This is how I mounted my mp3 player/fm radio, with velcro, I can take it right off when I park and put it in my pocket, plus I can change tracks and adjust volume really easily.

Flag

Brian, where did you get the British flag emblem for the brake reservoir cover?
Great pic.
Dennis
4 dtg!

I use a Chatterbox to jack music into my helmet.

I also saw where Honda is offering a speaker system on their VTX models.

Back