Rocket Sized Shift Peg

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R & 2005 Harley FatBoy
I found this shift peg online. Actually it says for an Indian but it bolts right up to the Rocket using the standard M8 bolt. It is an extended shift peg considerably bigger than stock. Stock comes to about the third ring in the pic. It has a little cover which snaps on to hide the bolt head. At a later date I will cut the end off thats sticking out a bit so it looks finished. Just put it on so no road test as of yet but me thinks your foot should get a really good grip under this one. Plus like everything else on the Rocket its big so it fits right in.

IMG_1381.JPG

Me thinks it would depend on the amount of front suspension collapse from braking and lateral g-forces.
Keep an eye on it . . . when your gear changes unexpectedly - YOU'LL KNOW!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was wondering that Scot but figured its a little shorter than the footpeg so I would be alright...no?

No your foot-peg will fold up then the road will dig into the extra size shift lever and snap it off inside the engine then you will have to get the Carp265kit to fix it, I might buy one of them levers.:D

No your foot-peg will fold up then the road will dig into the extra size shift lever and snap it off inside the engine then you will have to get the Carp265kit to fix it, I might buy one of them levers.:D

Not likely, Amigo!
His motor has the stock linkage with the shift lever.
It is on a pivot and not directly connected to the shift shaft spline. :D :inlove

Back