I bought my 2015 R3T off the floor new in November of 2016 at Windy City Triumph in St Charles IL.

I went to the IMS show in Chicago in February 2017. I took part in a question and answer with Triumph on a new design. They did not call it a Rocket, but it was a new Rocket.

The styling I saw was very similar to the Ducati Diavel. 2.5 Liter and 170 HP was where they were heading at that time. Most of the questions asked were seating, foot, and handlebar positions.

It seems to be following what they did with the Speedmaster and Bobber. One model with different option packages.

I am not saying it is not going to be a nice bike, but I had no regret buying the 2015 R3T.

So there you go.

So is it official that the RT3 will no longer be made? How long will they supply parts? I sure like mine and I hate to think its now obsolete.

So is it official that the RT3 will no longer be made? How long will they supply parts? I sure like mine and I hate to think its now obsolete.

I guess it depends on the parts, which are Touring specific, any idea anyone? As it is any bling has been discontinued for years. :(

bob

In theory, operating in the US, as long as they have a dealer network here, they're supposed to support a model ten years. In theory, that would make it 2027 ?

In theory, operating in the US, as long as they have a dealer network here, they're supposed to support a model ten years. In theory, that would make it 2027 ?

I believe that's law Joe. Victory was discontinued with the former dealerships signing contracts with Polaris to service and repair them for 10 years, which is what the Victory dealer told me. What becomes difficult to find is accessories.
When I was chatting with the owner of our local, former, Victory dealer he told me the 10 year parts/repair support but that they were scrambling to buy out accessories from Victory. He bought a pallet of accessories before they dried up. He said one dealership in New Jersey got in early and snagged 10 pallets.

I'm glad that the original owner of my T had just about every accessory available installed when purchasing. Now as I try to find a solo seat I'm discovering that they are unobtanium as well as other accessories such as that trick little headlight shield. On infinite back order is the story we get.

Triumph has a terrible marketing group in the United States. I have little loyalty to motorcycle brands. When I look to buy a cycle, I try to rate each bike on the merits they possess. Power, speed, ease of handling and comfort. I have road mostly Harley Davidson's for the last decade. Truly I had never heard of a Rocket until my best friend bought a 2005. I was enjoying a nice Road King at the time. Road his bike and no comparison. The ONLY thing HD had on Rockets was the quality of the chrome. Triumph could command a much bigger piece of the market if they did ANY marketing. Price alone would gain 15 to 20 % of the big bike market. Just compare. Why not try to sell a quality bike in the U.S. ???

You're correct. It's called the Code of Practice, that is, a voluntary code that many vehicle manufacturers, auto and MC abide by.

When someone writes "law", I expect there to be a code citation available somewhere.

This has been the case during the last ten years in Virginia where open carry is legal, not because it is law, but because there is no law against it, and over a roughly ten year period, there were enough cases of police telling folks "You can't do that", and folks responding back, "Show me", open carry has pretty much become the norm here.

Back